JEMFESTradio EPISODE #1 (GABE NICKELSON) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

JEMFESTradio EPISODE #1 (GABE NICKELSON)

Hi guys,

I just recorded the first JEMFESTradio show this last sunday and my first guest was GABE NICKELSON, who is the president and main organizer of Jemfest. We talked about all aspects of the event and also played some songs of Rob Balducci and Rusty Cooley, who both played at the fest.

I hope you are not to strict with my english since thats the first time I have done something like this and I noticed that it gets worse since I am out of the USA for a year now.. I hope I will light up a bit more during the next shows.

Anyways I would like to thank BOB OAKMAN for the incredible liners he provided for the show and it sounds strange to have me as an amateur combined with such high profile and pro work from this guy... but I could not refuse the great offer so here we go:

http://www.jemfest.com/jemfest_radio...x1_8-24-03.mp3
http://www.jemfest.com/jemfest_radio...x1_8-24-03.mp3

(65 Min. 24 Kbps 22 Khz Mono)

Rob Balducci is next on my list and also Rusty.
I will play more music from other artists as well as soon as I get permission from them.

Thanks and let me know what you think!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:37 PM

A couple of things I noticed missing from what you and Gabe said
You forgot to mention Jemfest UK is happening on October 11th when talking about Jemfests overseas at about 10 mins
and that Rob is playing in the UK October 11th too (at 11.30) and maybe some more dates after that in the UK.

At about 28 mins Gabe forgot to mention that Jemfest UK also raises money for a UK charity NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) which stops child abuse in the UK.

Good chat though, interesting to listen to

62 mins: although you mentioned Jemfest UK is on October 11th, arent there going to be 'awesome players' at Jemfest UK as well as Jemfest Germany?

Interview style wise I think if I were you I would try to stop saying 'yeah' in the middle of Gabe's replies or interupting his answers.

Good job though-look forward to the next ones

Cheers

Simon
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

ROB BALDUCCI is scheduled to be my guest the 7th September so if anybody has some questions PLEASE send them in to me!!! :

[email protected]

or feel free to post them here!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:55 PM

could you ask rusty if he is working on any new work at the moment ricky ? cheers
Anton
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:05 PM

dude , how do you do that voice at the beginning of the radio track ? the robot type voice , ive heard it on your demo too , sounds awesome!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 04:36 AM

sweet!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 08:15 AM

I have a few questions for Rob....

-when will he be working on a new CD? (I was digging some his new tunes during the JF webcast)
-I heard him mention that he will be on a Jeff Beck and Dream Theater tribute CD.......is that still happening?
-when is the US release date for Mantra? (i already have a copy...but just curious )

thanks Ricky....hope those questions are okay
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the questions Carlo!! The tribute one I can put in for sure... the others are allready on the list...

Ok guys 90 Min until the interview starts... any last min questions please NOW!!

I am very excited!!

soon.... I will do that stuff LIVE on the net.

Tags
bob oakman , jeff beck , rob balducci , rusty cooley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode