Jemsite Guitar Challenge December '14: POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Jemsite Guitar Challenge December '14: POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE!

Hello everybody! This is the official submission thread for the Jemsite Guitar Challenge!
Submissions only here! Visit the "OFFICIAL THREAD" for rules and discussion!! Compliments are nice, but the other thread is dedicated to the discussion, and it really helps keep things easier to organize. Thank you!

(Can I get a Mod to "sticky" this??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 PM

Re: Jemsite Guitar Challenge December '14: POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE!

Now, come on slackers - I didn't expect to be the first to upload! It's the 19th!

Here's my entry to get the ball rolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgaE...ature=youtu.be
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM

Aw man I was keeping mine hidden weeks ago

I did 4 this time but I'll only share 1 with you. This one even though it's the "best" take
Still had the sounds of the bins being changed in the same room. I had to keep it together tho because I was really feeling it I never felt the need to do more after so please enjoy........

LET IT BREATHE

This is definitely a headphones track I found

T

Last edited by m t soule; 12-19-2014 at 08:35 AM.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 04:53 PM

An instrumental in the style of Joe Satriani (kinda)... Satcharific is the top song listed on my site at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/GrandFusion
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 05:09 PM

You sure you are in the right place good sir?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 08:35 AM

Ooops... I didn't read the instructions... that we were to improv or compose over a Mixolydian in F. Sorry about that... I may try to do this over the next week or so. :-)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 11:32 AM

My entry is called Happy for You. A sarcastic song of how terrible things are when that person you love leaves... and yet... you're happy for them in their continued journey through life. In any case... Happy for You is the top song listed on my page at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/GrandFusion

The other entrant already took the volume swell idea, and so I had to come up with an alternative. It's mostly instrumental, but with a few words to the song:

Endings, beginnings
They're all in the flow.
I'm happy for you... happy for you.

Nightmares and daydreams
They blend as you go.
I'm happy for you... so happy for you.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 11:31 AM

http://youtu.be/a7yFn1SebV4

Let's see how this goes.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:35 PM

I added a Youtube video (had time to kill this afternoon). I enjoy the creepy with the sublime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUQ...=youtube_gdata
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 09:56 PM

Okay, here I go for the first time. Been wanting to chime in on these, I like hearing different people's styles and original work, but making an entry is really all about just having the time to do it. Plus, doing something like this forces me to play a little for example in F and get out of my comfort zone of E and A.

Nevertheless here's my first Jemsite Challenge entry!!!

https://soundcloud.com/razzle-guitar/jemsite-2014-12

Last edited by Razzle; 01-31-2015 at 12:30 PM.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Just couldn't really get a grip on this track for some reason... so I told myself a few days ago I was just going to let this month pass. Well, I went ahead and gave it a shot this evening... fwiw.

https://soundcloud.com/fireeagle-2/jgc-dec-track
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 AM

FireEagle... I actually like the more subdued stuff, but I know where you're coming from in regard to moving in a different direction. The more distorted stuff sounded like filler... I know, as I do it myself, lol. It's likely one reason why I added vocals to mine... to break it up.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbdj View Post
FireEagle... I actually like the more subdued stuff, but I know where you're coming from in regard to moving in a different direction. The more distorted stuff sounded like filler... I know, as I do it myself, lol. It's likely one reason why I added vocals to mine... to break it up.
I'll give a proper reply in the "Official" Dec post, right next to this one in the forum. These used to get so long with replies and small talk regarding the track that Frank (aka fwd0120) started creating a separate "Post Your Entries Here" post to make it easier to sort through.

Last day of December!! Get 'em in... or let me know if anyone needs an extra day or two.

Some really great entries this month so far!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 03:02 PM

Reviews: 10

Sorry guys but I'm out for this one...I tried recording many different approaches and I couldn't get anything decent going - and I'm not going to post something that I think is crappy...too bad because I love the vibe of the track - I just couldn't come up with anything that I felt sounded good...I started getting frustrated so I think I'm just going to have to pass on this one =( but I am looking forward to hearing what others were able to come up with...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:05 PM

Reviews: 6

I may have missed the deadline, but I'll throw it in anyway in case everyone is a little hung over and have forgotten. I didn't get to play as much as I liked over the break and cobbled this together today. Now I can finally listen to the rest of the tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/laobi/xmas-cheer

Tags
jemsite guitar challenge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode