Jemsite Guitar Challenge June '15 - OFFICIAL THREAD - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Jemsite Guitar Challenge June '15 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Welcome everybody!
Big thanks to those who entered last time!

RULES

• You may record yourself performing a specific track and submit it to Youtube. If it is an audio track you can post it to any leading music hosting sites, such as Soundcloud.
  • Submissions will be accepted from now until the last day of March, 2015. Depending on participation, the deadline may be extended.
  • There will be a special thread that will ONLY have submissions. >Click here!<
  • There will be a poll thread created at the end of the submission period. Then it starts all over again!
  • EVERYBODY is encouraged to participate and upload a submission!! No matter what your skill level is. We can vote for a "winner", but just putting yourself out there makes you a winner!!
  • Feedback on performances is permitted and encouraged. It's a good way for musicians to grow. Please keep it polite though. Nothing harsh, and no over-reactions.
  • This is a youtube video backing track. If you want to import the track into your DAW or other production software, you will need the audio from the video. You can convert the video easily to an Mp3 HERE. If you have any trouble downloading and converting to MP3, send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

VISIT TRACK
>HERE!<

Last month was a rock track in D Mixolydian, this month we are doing a rock ballad in A Dorian. Great sounding track, very well done, and should be a lot of fun! Check it out, download it, and submit in the "Post Your Entries Here" for May.

One more important note. Don't not upload something because of your recording quality!!! We want to hear you, not have a super-polished Hi-Def music video.

We look forward to hearing you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 08:54 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: Jemsite Guitar Challenge June '15 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Really enjoying this track! Can't wait to come up with something concrete and also hear what others do with it!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Banned

So long I am enjoying GoodVaibes's entry.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 AM

Reviews: 6

as usual, I didn't listen to any of the other entries before doing mine...

I like the approach (almost jazz) from GoodVaibes
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:13 AM

Thanks guys! Your kind comments are encouraging for me to practice more. All of you have so far shredded me out into the street and down the road! Greece, England, Scotland & France - looks like it'll be a European challenge... so far...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Banned

Satch_jr did a nice job as well, nice sound, and tapping.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 07:10 PM

Some great entries so far! So much variance and different sounds/styles.

I try not to listen to any until I have at least played over it and established an "idea" or "feel"... and that seems to be enough to steer me down my own path when I finally try to record something. The pressure is on for the Western hemisphere!!! lol... I better get busy! (also have my hands full with a difficult guitar lesson homework assignment that involves writing/recording a song too)
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM

Reviews: 4

I haven't forgotten about this one... Waiting until I've done mine before I listen to others, but I'm pretty excited to hear what folks came up with!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 01:14 AM

Ugh... Well, Soundcloud rejected my entry, so I bumbled around and took a video of me improvising (or trying to) over the track, and recorded it on Reaper too. Unfortunately, Windows Movie Maker does not support MPEG4 format!

Anyone know of a free video editing program/software?

"Ain't it a shame
To be shot down in flames"
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Ugh... Well, Soundcloud rejected my entry, so I bumbled around and took a video of me improvising (or trying to) over the track, and recorded it on Reaper too. Unfortunately, Windows Movie Maker does not support MPEG4 format!

Anyone know of a free video editing program/software?

"Ain't it a shame
To be shot down in flames"
I dunno about other video editing, I'd probably avoid that route if only for the reason that learning to use it might be a pain in the backside. Couldn't you just convert the file type? Is it just the audio? If so, LAME front end is free conversion to mp3, or just use iTunes or whatever.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Shaft View Post
I dunno about other video editing, I'd probably avoid that route if only for the reason that learning to use it might be a pain in the backside. Couldn't you just convert the file type? Is it just the audio? If so, LAME front end is free conversion to mp3, or just use iTunes or whatever.
I've got the audio converted to mp3... but would like to add it to the video, which is in MPEG4 format. The camera audio itself doesn;t sound good at all. I still have a day and a half to figure it out.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:21 PM

I've got a video recorded, I just have to edit it and get it up.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:06 PM

Ummm, get it up man.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:36 PM

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:36 PM

There are some great submissions so far, really killer stuff!!!

Tags
jemsite guitar challenge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode