Jemsiter get-together in New York City this Saturday 12/7/02 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Jemsiter get-together in New York City this Saturday 12/7/02

Hey kids

Carlo del Dios and I are meeting at TGI Friday's restaurant near Rockefeller Center (21 W 51st street) this Saturday.
(see http://tgifridays.know-where.com/tgi...cgi/site?01605 for a map. )

My Xmas tree that I keep by the skating rink there will be lit up by then too and it's a 5 minute/two block walk to the guitar shops on 48th street.

I have a wedding across the street at the Rainbow Room that starts at 7pm (Private, sorry ), so we're going to meet at 4pm.

All are invited - pls post here if you can make it so if we have a large crowd, I can call Fridays and let them know we're coming.

If you want to go but can't because of a tight $$$ situation, let me know - I might be willing to subsidize your visit (subsidize="kick in" - not "pay for").

So again, in easy to read format:
Date: Saturday December 7, 2002
Time: 4pm
Place: TGI Fridays Restaurant on 51st at Rockefeller Center.

One more thing - this is NOT a playing event - leave your geetar at home. Just come for the hang (non-bitchy spouses/girlfriends welcome)

~Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:47 PM

this should be cool.....great idea Kenny
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:47 PM

I'd come down but my Father is having a big ass dinner for all 6 of his kids.Otherwise I would show up.We should try again at some point.A little advance notice makes it easier to plan.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:55 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i'd love to make it into NYC but i'll be chopping down an x-mas tree this weekend up north... hopefully next time ...glen
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:07 PM

awww damn kenny that sounds ubercool, but im going to be in georgia from friday till monday

how close are you to NYC? im only 2 hours by train, so we will definitely have to try again!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

I work many many Saturday nights in the City. Unfortunately, I usually don't know until Tuesday what my schedule is. Hard to make plans anymore than 4-5 days in advance (that's a lot for me!)

~K
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:01 PM

I have a prior commitment, so I don't think I can make it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:23 AM

ok, i'm down for Saturday if we can get enough people together.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenuke
YAY!!

Well there's three.....counting you
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenuke
Me and Carlo made the plan first and then decided to invite everyone else later, so we're in this whether it's 2 or 10 or 20.

Sorry if just two of us aren't good enough to leave your house for

~K
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:49 PM

hope you guys have a great time!

Cheers

Simon
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone
Sorry - I didn't meant to abandon this thread. Got busy for the last coupl of days what witht he snow and all.

We're still good for tomorrow - seems to be carlo and I and possibly Rob Balducci, although i never called him as I said i was going to - hopefully carlo did :-/

My gig starts at 8, not 7 - if possible I'd like to change the meeting time to 5, rather than 4. If this interferes with anyone's later plans, we can keep 4. it's no problem - i was just going to make a tech-support stop at my singer's house in the City.

please call me even if it's last minute and you find yourself near Rockefeller Center. My Cell is 516-428-9986.

~K
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 10:59 PM

It was great meeting Kenny......very cool and nice guy. It was just the two of us....but it was still a lot of fun. We went to a couple guitar stores....tried a couple of amps here and there......had a nice quick dinner.....and even did some quality sight-seeing. It was cool.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

'twas indeed a good meeting.
Carlo left out the parta bout me dragging him thru the sub-basement of the NBC/GE building to load my gear into the Rainbow Room

Took a couple of pics for posterity:

This first one, we were by the big Rockefeller Center xmas tree and i said "Carlo, lets make this look like a wonderfully romantic shot - put your head on my shoulder, will you boy?

actually, his head's not on my shoulder. I took the picture myself and i told him to get in close. his head just happened to look like it was on my shoulder.

Here's the other pic i took of the two of us. We were having a lot better time than is reflected in Carlo's face :P

We defintely do it again soon - maybe after some of the holiday madness passes.

Thanks for the fun Carlo!
~K
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 02:49 PM

yeah...a lil' too close there..lol

BTW, it was EXTREMELY crowded that night

Tags
guitar shop , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode