Jemsiter Music - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Jemsiter Music

Ok guys, some of my most listened to music lately has come from Jemsite guys that have released an album.

Sean777's balance is awesome and Drew's Zero Mantra is incredible so far. (still listening)

Curios, who else from Jemsite has released an album for us to check out?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 08:27 PM

Re: Jemsiter Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
...and Drew's Zero Mantra is incredible so far. (still listening)
In that case, it's due to take a turn for the worse any minute now!

I don't know too much of the newer guys' recorded output here, but for the oldschool players:

Chris Brooks
Dave Weiner (doesn't really count anymore, I suppose, lol)
Ken Burtch (though, not sure if you can still buy his album)
Angel Vivaldi (never too active here, but he's done a few Jemfests)

...and probably a whole bunch of other guys I'm forgetting that I'll post about if I remember later. Also, I don't think he's a member here, but my other favorite "up and coming" player (Angel being the first) is Lyle Watt. Definitely worth a listen.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Drew,

Thanks, I will check them out. Your CD is getting put back into my car tomorrow for some focused listening.

Yeah, Dave does not count at this point. The guy's playing is fantastic and really a nice guy.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM

While I'm not releasing an album any time soon that I can see, there's been a little gem of a technical chemical fire that I've been dabbling around in lately, and I'm mapping it out inch by inch by inch

Hope to share it soon, I'll share it as soon as I'm absolutely sure it's perfect

(Which could take years)

Didn't know drew had an album, I'll go check it out
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 PM

- angel Vivaldi is also a favorite of mine. My favorite of his is "an erusian autumn" I believe it's called, if any bodies interested
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:44 AM

I've been working on an album for a while now... I've got two more songs to record and some album art being designed at the moment. I hope to have it released by May/June The tracks that will be on it so far are on my soundcloud page, with "Vlad" available for free download.

https://soundcloud.com/craig-shutt
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle am I View Post
- angel Vivaldi is also a favorite of mine. My favorite of his is "an erusian autumn" I believe it's called, if any bodies interested
You absolutely have to check out his newest, Kyle, "Away with Words." To my ears, it's kind of a breakthrough album for him. His playing has always been technically staggeringly good, and he's a riff machine, but for me this is the album where he really upped his playing melodically as well. There are some CRAZY solos on this disc, but they're all the more impressive because they're also very ear-catching.

I'd recommend specific tracks, but because they're all untitled it's a little tricky. Jusat trust me when I say that if you're a fan of technical shred guitar and like heavy riffing, this is not an album to miss.

Angel's also cool as hell - I've had the good fortune to hang out with him a couple times both at shows he's played up in MA, and a couple times at periodic "gearfests" we've thrown over at Metalguitarist.org, which usualy quickly devolve into drinking beer and jamming (for everyone except Angel, who pretty much shreds up a storm the whole night. ) There's some awesome video footage of him giving me a sweep picking lesson when I'm any number of beers in (and don't have half his sweeping prowess to begin with) I should try to find. Super nice guy, though. \m/

Another guy I missed - I'm not a huge fan of his because I always found him a little too derivative of Vai (who over the years I've just become less interested by; my tastes have gone more towards blues-rooted hard rock while he's gone further into Zappa territory. Tremendous amount of respect for him as a guitarist and a musician, just not my taste) 0s Dimitar here. I forget his real name, but if you're a Vai fan he's worth a listen.

EDIT - I'm the guy with the white Charvel and the deep voice, not the guy filming this.

http://youtu.be/k7wmqrPu8TU

Last edited by Drew; 01-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Shaft View Post
I've been working on an album for a while now... I've got two more songs to record and some album art being designed at the moment. I hope to have it released by May/June The tracks that will be on it so far are on my soundcloud page, with "Vlad" available for free download.

Awesome Craig!! Listening now!!

On soundcloud from Echo to Vlad???

Jeff
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Awesome Craig!! Listening now!!

On soundcloud from Echo to Vlad???

Jeff
I liked that a lot. Sounded very professional!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM

Reviews: 10

I love Sean's Balance CD - one of the CD's of the year for me...I will also check out Drew's album for sure. Chris Brooks is a monster player - I have both of his albums and they are both fantastic.

Also, Dimitar Nalbantov's Gora was one of my fave CD's from last year. Dimi posts on here and he has 6 albums out, all of which are fantastic. In fact, I think Dimi's albums are among my favorite in the last 6 or 7 years since I first discovered his song Terrestrial Paradise on youtube.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:

will check this out for sure! =)
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:

You can definitely put me down for a CD... great stuff. You know whats cool? You don't sound like anyone else. (maybe a hint of Friedman... but that might just be my mind tricking me, as I was listening to his new album today, which led to my Megadeth playlist)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Make your way down Craigs list, Passing Storm is incredible.

I am trying to find a hard copy of GORA. I haven't heard from Dimitar yet.

I will check out Brooks!!!!

Jeff
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:

I am trying to find a hard copy of GORA. I haven't heard from Dimitar yet.

I will check out Brooks!!!!

Jeff
That isn't bad. :yesway:
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I wish I could rearrange the tracks on soundcloud manually, rather than just most-recently-uploaded, as Passing Storm is my most prized track!

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys I was hoping the lack of recording facilities wouldn't detract too much from the musical ideas... It's all MIDI drums and bass of course, and an amp simulator.

I've got to say I'm enjoying Drew's Zero Mantra a lot - blown away by the quality! I'll have to check out the other names mentioned.

Tags
album

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode