Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Joe and Andy!

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Toadfish 
#1 ·
No......not me :rolleyes:

Not seen this here before so thought i'd put it on!!

Enjoy :D

#9 ·
I've never bought into that whole, "oh, if you're not playing slowly with feel (essentially, if you're not playing those same old cliche blues licks over and over), then you're not playing blues" thing...

Trust me, I live in the blues capital of the world, and I've seen my fair share of blues acts. The ones that set themselves apart are the ones who aren't afraid to go outside the box. After all, blues is music, which is a creative artform.

Regardless, those licks are still mainly just basic pentatonic stuff (maybe just sped up a little), the most widely used scale in blues.

#10 ·
For those of you that either don't remember, or never were taught. This is the real thing. The real Blues. What we have from Joe and Andy is some great playing with great riffs, tone etc. But it's a bit of a bastardization of the real thing.

Let yourself watch the whole vids.

Enjoy my friends.

#11 ·
The same thing happened in country music. There are top shelf country artist that are not happy with what has happened. Shania Twain is WAY outside the country box. Along with alot of other top 40 country artist. Which is why I think there's 'country' and theres "country western' tags. I like where country has came to, and I love what Timmons is playing in that video. But to call it blues is a bit of a stretch. I think "Blues" is unlike any other genre. It's not just a chord progression or a pent scale. It's a feeling that goes into it. Take the double kick out of hard metal and prog rock and it starts to wonder off the reservation. Brad Paisly (country picker) can take pretty much any shredder to the woodshed, but even though he plays flurries of notes, you wouldn't call it shred. It feels country, and that's what it is.

Feast your ears on this taste of Paisley right here. The Petrucci of country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.