Joey Dahlia mini School (Killer guitar lessons) - Page 12 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #166 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Re: Joey Dahlia mini School (Killer guitar lessons)

hey

i told you, i do no a little leroy!

even if i have split personalities,atleast i am honest!

hehehe

joey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydahlia

even if i have split personalities,atleast i am honest!

joey
saying that you're good while your music obviously flat out sucks is not being honest retard......lol
post #168 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

when did i say i was good!?

but i did say i am 3 years away from being an amateur guitar player!

i cant wait to get out of the beginning stages!

i am at 7 if you count my first 3 years in the late 80's

0-10 years -beginner

10-20 years- amateur

20-beyond -pro

is this fair? yes or no!

joey
post #169 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo
saying that you're good while your music obviously flat out sucks is not being honest retard......lol

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be retarded"---Shadows
post #170 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Reviews: 120

Where did you get that timeline Joey? That's a load of B.S that makes no sense.

A beginner is someone who is just learning the very basics

An amatuer is someone who may have varying skills as a musician (whether they are a basic power chord playing musician through to a shredder, etc technical genius - may or may not write their own music).

A professional is someone who plays music for a living, whether it be someone in a covers band, a session musician, an original band who can make a living playing their music. Being a pro has nothing to do with technical skill.

Billie Joe Armstrong from Greenday would be considered a pro, and he's not a crazy shredder or techical genius, but he's a brilliant song writer and musician.

Joe Satriani is a guitarist with amazing technical skill who makes a living playing guitar and also is a brilliant musician and song writer.

They are professional musicians at different ends of the spectrum, and both I respect as brilliant musicians and song writers for different reasons.

You are not a beginner as you have already been playing for a while Joey. You are an amatuer guitar player, but not a very good one. You should NOT try and teach people how to play as you don't have very good technique or timing.

Get your technique and timing, etc together, become a bit more humble, stop being a smartass, using stupid useless comments that Ralf Wiggum from the Simpsons would be proud off. Then people will take you seriously, and you might get more positive recognition and feedback.

And before you get in with a stupid useless comment, I'll post one for you:

"My cat's breath smells like cat food."
post #171 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydahlia
when did i say i was good!?

but i did say i am 3 years away from being an amateur guitar player!

joey

haha...well I read your posts from other forums too, that laughable interview and plus, those "not bad for 4 years" comments you posted here. You're beyond a douche...lol.

btw, judging by your "music" you'll need a lot more than 3 years to even reach amateur level.

oh yeah, I wouldn't equate professional ability with number of years playing. One can play for 20 years and still suck.....and some can play for just 2 years and be great. It's what you practice within that time that matters....and obviously you have learned VERY little as a player. And judging by your attitude another 20 years probably won't make any difference.
post #172 of 172 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

enough of this bickering.

closed
Closed Thread

Tags
guitar playing , heavy metal , jimmy page , joe satriani , joey dahlia , pickup height , playing guitar , vinnie moore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode