Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Just got back from Arch Enemy

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  LordGrendel 
#1 ·
I just got back from seeign Arch Enemy with Shadows Fall and Job For A Cowboy.

It was fun. I don't really like Job For A Cowboy but the other two were pretty good. The Amott bros had unbelievable tone and sound live I was really impressed. They were headlining so I knew it would be good but I didn't expect it to be that good. Also, they duelled quite a bit which was fun. Every solo was perfect in the mix and the players delivered.

Some interesting things equipment wise: although Matt Bachand has a signature Ibby he only used a RGA321 the whole show. Also, Christopher Amott switched between an ESP MH thingy and his sig Caparison throughout the show. It just goes to show you that hving a sig doesn't always mean that they are the only guitar the artist is going to use.

#3 ·
I'm not into the vocals of most the bands either but what can you do I like the riffage and guitar playing.

Cool that you get to see DT. I don't really like Symphony X but it should be fun nonetheles.

It's funny ho wthis one website about guitars has completely different people on it looking at the same stuff.

Metalheads and fusion players both play the same types of guitars. It's strange to me but I think it's cool too.

#4 ·
I've seen Arch Enemy twice now, I used to be a big fan of theirs but not so much since the new album came out. They always deliver live, it's hard to believe such powerful vocals can come out of such a tiny lady as Angela! Speaking of which, she's a subject that has devided my housemates... some think she's extremely hot, but I just don't see it.

I'm seeing Turisas, Norther and Alestorm tomorrow! Don't know if anyone here will be into those guys but I'm rather excited about it.

#5 ·
I think the whole Angela thing comes from the fact that there are very few hot chicks in metal, or just chicks period. I personally dont find her attractive at all, in fact by my standards the only one that's attractive is Simone from Epica. The most attractive one is my girlfriend though :), shes not in a metal band but she plays guitar pretty damn well!

#6 ·
I don't think Angela's good looking in the slightest. I don't really like her vocals but I think she does a great job for what she's trying to do.

But, all of you should come to shows in Japan their are plenty of hot metal fans. The concept of being "metal" is quite subdued here their not as image conscious so it helps add more diversity to the crowd. In a god way.

That being said, my wife is the most beautiful woman who "likes" metal (only if I'm listening to it though).

#10 ·
Saw Archenemy twice, but I'm a fan whatsoever, just went to see the other bands the first time and got in for free the second time because I'm best friends with the Guitar player/producer of "It Dies Today" and that's when Gus G. was touring with them(it was one of the off dates of Ozzfest). Gus is friggin' awesome and he was playing his now ESP signature(It wasn't released yet at that time) and his skill was perfect. I'm not a fan of Michael's eventhough he has played for one of the most influential european metal bands of all time. He's an all right player but a real A$$hole if you ask me...For all of the DT fans here, I saw them live once and I'll never need to see them again...Dream Theater live = Yawn

I'm going to the LTE show in June in NYC and I have no idea why...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.