Just got back from Mr Big - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Just got back from Mr Big

So I went to see Mr big tonight. What a show that was. Pat really tried hard to do his best and even played drums for a few songs but it looked so hard for him

TBH, I've never been to a concert where even people who don't speak English all that well were singing like every word to every song It was almost sold out too. Never realized the fame Mr Big has over here. I knew they were really famous and all, but never imagined the scene tonight. The age groups were diverse too, from older people in their like 40s and 50s all the way down to like elementary school kids. Total culture shock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 09:05 AM

Re: Just got back from Mr Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
So I went to see Mr big tonight. What a show that was. Pat really tried hard to do his best and even played drums for a few songs but it looked so hard for him

TBH, I've never been to a concert where even people who don't speak English all that well were singing like every word to every song It was almost sold out too. Never realized the fame Mr Big has over here. I knew they were really famous and all, but never imagined the scene tonight. The age groups were diverse too, from older people in their like 40s and 50s all the way down to like elementary school kids. Total culture shock
wow! that's great that there was such a diversity of age groups. How big was the venue? Was it in Nagoya?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
wow! that's great that there was such a diversity of age groups. How big was the venue? Was it in Nagoya?
Of course Nagoya, a place called Century Hall. I wouldn't be able to go to any of the other shows because they are all on workdays for me IIRC it holds like 2K or so, pretty big. There were so many people that I couldn't even buy a tshirt before the show. Picked up their new album, the 2 CD + 1 DVD set. Has a hologram cover and back, pretty cool.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM

I wish they would play my town, but when you're big in Japan I guess that's where you go!

I just went to the Artistworks site and saw PG posted this yesterday.

PaulGilbert
Looking forward to rocking Nagoya, tonight.
PaulGilbert
The main office of Hoshino (the parent company of Ibanez guitars) is here, so lots of Ibanez people should be at the show.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I wish they would play my town, but when you're big in Japan I guess that's where you go!

I just went to the Artistworks site and saw PG posted this yesterday.

PaulGilbert
Looking forward to rocking Nagoya, tonight.
PaulGilbert
The main office of Hoshino (the parent company of Ibanez guitars) is here, so lots of Ibanez people should be at the show.
Yeah the office is in an area called kurumamichi. I can get there in like 25 minutes or so from my place I know they have a showroom somewhere too. I should ask my teacher, his wife used to work for Hoshino
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 10:01 AM

I assume was Paul playing his FRM250 or the PGM800 reissue.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I assume was Paul playing his FRM250 or the PGM800 reissue.
yeah he had his 25th anniversary FRM and that natural finish one with the standard matching headstock. I think it had the PAF Master pups in it, not sure, but whatever they were, they were AMAZING. So much clarity with every single pick of the strings.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 10:36 PM

Reviews: 2

I really need to get a couple of world clocks on my computer.......I'm like "Who the hell goes to see Mr. Big at 7:00a.m??"

Cool that you got to go man...... I've heard they're huge there before. Wish I could get a chance before I die.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I really need to get a couple of world clocks on my computer.......I'm like "Who the hell goes to see Mr. Big at 7:00a.m??"

Cool that you got to go man...... I've heard they're huge there before. Wish I could get a chance before I die.
Much bigger than you can imagine man... Even I was in awe of how everyone knew every word to Daddy Brother, Undertow, etc and they don't even speak English

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode