Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Just got Stryper's greatest hits album!

Tags
van halen
3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  WillTubarao 
#1 ·
This album is great. They had so much talent, wish they were still together. I love this old style metal. The guitars are amazing.

Anyone else like stryper?

#10 ·
I know you're goofing around, but back in the day when MTV actually played videos, and before there was a TRL that pandered to retarded teenagers, they had some kind of a video request countdown hour - I can't remember the name - and 2 or 3 videos from To Hell With The Devil made extended stays at #1, so I would say that counts as much as "hits" as anything. I'm just sayin'....

I dig them, too. They actually toured a few years ago - although I think they had a different bass player.

#14 ·
Love Stryper! Great melodic rock. I saw them 3 times back in the late 80's early 90's. The highlight for me was at Rock N' Roll Heaven in Toronto when they brought out Rob Halford and did Breakin' the Law and then finished with Van Halen "On Fire". Oz Fox grew up on VH.

#15 ·
They have a new album out with a remake of "In God We Trust" They are absolutely amazing if you go to www.stryper.com they still play...just without bassist Tim Gaines. I worked for the same record company as they did many years ago and met them personally and professionally many times. They are wonderful people and unreal players. I saw them a couple of years ago on their club tour with Tim, and I swear they were better than back in the day. Mike Sweet is one of the greatest singers in rock, his range is (pardon the pun) ungodly. I will stop fawning and gushing like a b**ch now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.