Ibanez JEM Forum banner
13K views 111 replies 26 participants last post by  IbanezFreak777 
#1 ·
Chick guitar players rock. There's been girl guitar player threads before, but I thought it was time for a new one.

Just got your clock cleaned.... by a chick!!

And this one? *whew*
And a chick in front of a row of Marshalls. She's got some pretty good Satch tone going here. (she's VERY good)

Nuther good looking gal smokin you like a cheap cigar.

And a pretty nice lookin gal playing a LP. Not a great player, but she'll be if she keeps it up.

On, and also got you butt handed to you by a 10yo GIRL!! haha

MORE!!
Funky on a strat. This one is GREAT, really.

Young girl plays Vai, on JEM! haha

Use keepvid to save them to your HD.
http://keepvid.com/

See less See more
#5 ·
I think it's quite sad that girl guitar players are so rare that when a dozen or so videos of mediocre playing females are found, a celebratory thread is made.

And no offence to you, Darin, but I think the title could be pretty offensive to any females potentially on the site. The "...by a chick!!" is pretty demeaning, to be honest ,as if 'chicks' are sufficiently 'below' us men that 'having our clock cleaned' or whatever should be a surprise.

People would take offense if the thread was about black people - another under-represented group in guitar-playing - instead of girls.

But I'm probably just being an arse ;)

Sorry!

#17 ·
So Jemface..... while your all up on your bad self and doling out the diatribe on sexism, you may want to consider your own post! If anything in this thread is sexist and mediocre it's your attempt to berate Darin while putting both of your own feet in your mouth.

Jemplayer you have to understand it's just Jemface being Dannymills uh I mean Jemface......What do you expect?

#21 ·
This thread is getting funny. I'm not sexist. I don't think girls/ladies/gals/women/females/male gender challenged persons are so weak and defenensless that they'd be any more offended being called 'chicks' than we would be being called 'dudes'. I'd bet they'd all be encouraged by the title of this thread. My daugher has a screen name of wakechick. She wakeboards, and shes's a chick. I feel sorry for people runnin aroung life looking for all things offensive.

Face it. Most people just don't expect to see girls play guitar solos well. Its a wonderful beautiful rarity, and a welcome one.

#23 ·
I've always wondered why that is, really.
Perhaps a guitar is a macho instrument.
When you look at violin for example, that's quite a feminine instrument... There are many female violin players, perhaps even more than male ones?

I always think women look uncomfortable with a guitar. The guitar seems rather big compared to their hands and body. But these women manage to play just as well as some of the best guys out there, so perhaps they don't see the problem. I don't have a problem with girls playing guitar, and playing really well. The more, the merrier :)

#27 ·
I disagree that they are all mediocre. The Funky Strat girl is killing me. I LOVE what she's playing.

BTW, some of the comments on that page are disgusting. What the heck is with people? Such jerks.

koga666 (16 hours ago)

Reply | Spam
ill bone you at playing that jam cause speeds kills the funk and blues,, but still rock on...........
This is what people that play "music" have to deal with.

#32 · (Edited)
What!? Oh god. Look, I can't be bothered to explain. Suffice to say, that 'comeback' was worthy of a 10 year old.

I never made any kind of point about the actual word 'chick' as a word in itself or suggested any inherent derogatory meanings. At all. Ever.

I don't know WHY you think that response was even relevant.

Why can we not just discuss a point like adults without it turning into an argument with this kind of petty retort?

#37 ·
Well I'm a woman that plays guitar. I love playing guitar , it's an outlet for me and also a way of life. Without music, I'd be nothing. In this video I had worked on this song for a bit and still messed up. That doesn't mean I'm giving up... I really don't care what people think about my playing ability or me as a female playing. :)))) CHEERS!

#41 ·
I think this whole thing came about because I viewed the lipses and exclamation marks as an expression of surprise that a 'chick' could, in fact, be superior at guitar.

As a side note, why on earth does cleaning somebody's clock equate to being better than them!? Lol!

#52 · (Edited)
As a side note, why on earth does cleaning somebody's clock equate to being better than them!? Lol!
Not smarter. Just that they kicked your butt. That Funky Strat girl beat me to a pulp.

Let's see your vid of you playing, so we can decide if any of those chicks cleaned your clock. :)

I am 41, I knew absolutely zero girls that could noodle growing up, and never saw any girl besides Lita Ford, who I saw in concert in the 80's actually be able to solo on a guitar. Now with Youtube, the world is alot smaller, and we get to see girls from all over the world play. Call it sexist all you want. It's just rare to find girls that play guitar solo's, and play them well. Sexist would be, if I said girls AREN'T as good as guys.

Lita Ford

#48 ·
Tjandra72, you got skills. As much as I chide chicks and spout BS I don't care what sex a player is as long as it sounds good and your playing does.

Keep on rocking and remember, well I forget what I was gonna say but I promise it was something deep.
HAHAH thanks much for your kind words. You know, I forget a lot too. .... but, I get where you're coming from. I feel the same about you... from what I've heard... you have skills as well and agree about who gives a "****" about gender!

#49 ·
Quote"Dannymills/Jemface :)

Dude... shut up!
You seem like a nice guy. Don't ruin it - you just came off like a right twat.

Sensationalist, attention-seeking twats. Someone should outlaw that on the grounds that it's negligent in showing regard to the child's mental health - the taunting etc. will be unbearable.

little more than an immature twat

Might wanna get your facts straight Danny. Find any post where I use that word. Nuff said enjoy your Lucky Charms and have fun baiting members.

#62 · (Edited)
Was the first bit of that post mean to be a comeback? Yes, I USE the word 'twat'. However, I do not find it funny or giggle like a child when it is said lots. I don't see how this can be a rebuttal, or even a point on its own. What the hell were you trying to do? However, I obviously confused you with Twooos for a second, regarding the thread.

My point still stands. I'll repeat the post, and would like to hear a reply from you that DOESN'T avoid the point, which also explains how I 'bait' members.

I would appreciate it if you weren't so openly rude about me when you yourself demonstrate such constant immaturity and bring so little of value to the site, the vast bulk of your content comprising youtube clips or spoof articles circulated by your 13-15 year old friends at school with all the maturity that one should expect from somebody who made a whole thread about "a skanky milf" in the Dove ads, thinking it would be as funny as when they showed it to said 13-15 year-old mates

By the way, it wasn't.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65322

"Cool they have a skanky MILF with a belly tattoo in the new ads. Yummy."

Yeah, nice one Clonetool. Really funny funny thread there.

i think clonetool must be a kid 15-16 somthing like that.i suppose he would find it funny but if hes a grown up.mmmm maybe he needs a girlfreind:)
I hope to god this is true and you are, in fact, under 16, or else there is something seriously wrong with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.