just saw iron maiden last nite - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

just saw iron maiden last nite

holy ****

at blossom outside cleveland, the place was packed and it was absolutely incredible. nothing, nothing compared to this show. jumped the fence and got really close, it was absolutely amazing. here's the setlist from what i remember.

im still in awe of how amazing that show was, cant speak today, but it was worth it. best $16.50 show ive ever been too (and got to get close :P )

great quote from bruce: "its not filesharing thats making albums not sell, its the fact that these albums just plain suck."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM

I saw them a couple times (# of the beast/piece of mind/powerslave) and they put on a GREAT stage show.......
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

you shoulda seen it last nite, they had a different eddie backdrop for every song. and it had a stage setup similar to rock in rio where bruce can run around above the band when he wasnt singing, incredible
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 03:15 PM

I'll see em Saturday.

How were Moterhead and Dio?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

dio's guitarist was great, motorhead kinda sucked
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM

They had that stage set up at the Downlaod festival which they headlined on the first day, god they rocked, would love to see them with Dio and Motorhead!

Andy!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 07:19 PM

Saw the show last week at MSG. I'm not the biggest Maiden fan in the world but it was really, really good. The audience was hugely enthusiastic and everyone around me knew all the words. Took me back to about 1983 with all those wacky t-shirts.

I liked Dio a lot, and Craig Goldy sounded better to me than did Doug Aldrich who played with Dio last summer. Motorhead played loud and fast and seemed pised off that the crowd wasn't more into it. They left to about two straight minutes of empty-stage pure awful delay/loop/feedback, and subsequent applause.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 11:04 AM

Just saw the show Saturday in Columbus, OH. Maiden were amazing, what more can I say. Murray, Smith, and Gers are all awesome players. I was one of those guys that knew all the words and pumped my fists in the air for the whole damn concert.

Dio was impressive. First time seeing them, and Ronnie was ON. Amazing voice and presence, hit songs from every era. Crowd went nuts when he did Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules. Craig Goldy was great -- makes me want to get a B.C. Rich Warlock. OMG! Did I just say that?!

Sadly, I missed Motorhead (long line, lots of patting down going on). But at least I heard a few songs, which were good. Gotta love the classics, like Ace of Spades.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 05:21 AM

I'm seeing them iin Manchester UK when they come here in December

Tags
doug aldrich , rich warlock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode