Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Just in time for Christmas (!)

982 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Out Of This Swirled 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys,
One of the things I enjoy most about the festive season is the excuse to dust off my copies of "Merry Axemas" volumes 1 and 2. (my wife's favourite is "The First Noel" by Eric Johnson whereas I prefer "Sleigh Ride" by Stu Hamm).
I doubt there'll be a volume 3 anytime soon so I thought how about Jemsite members doing their own!
To be in keeping with the original, I guess the rules would be:
1. Must be a popular song associated with Christmas.
2. Instrumentals only.
3. Guitar (or Bass) must be the main instrument.
4. No other rules.
I thought I'd mention it now, then maybe we'll get a few contributions by Christmas 2008! (I've been thinking of doing something similar myself for a couple of years, maybe I will now!)
If the tracks were decent quality MP3 (192kbits/s) I'd be happy to host them on my server and put up a web page for them, just PM me and I'll give you my real email to send them to.
Somebody could contribute artwork for a cover if they liked.
I thought of the title "A Jemmy Christmas" but perhaps we could pick a better one!
Oh and it doesn't matter if people do several versions of the same song (or even a song already done on Merry Axemas), that's what choice is all about!
How 'bout it?
Jim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.