Liquid Tension Experiment- 10th anniversary show - INCREDIBLE - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Liquid Tension Experiment- 10th anniversary show - INCREDIBLE

Wow. What a goddamn concert. Unbelievable. I havent enjoyed a Dream Theater album too much since 2002 or so, but LTE has always been one of my favorite bands. The two cds they put out under the LTE name were absolutely sweet. But this show was something else. Everything was SPOT on, and the sound was fantastic. I haven't enjoyed a concert this much in a long time.

Afterwards, me and my buddy waited outside to meet the band. Longest wait I've ever had for a band...over an hour and a half but it was totally worth it. Got to meet John Petrucci, one of my favorite guitarists, plus Jordan Rudess and Mike Portnoy. Managed to get Petrucci to sign my Images and Words and Scenes cds, and my SFAM poster (along with Rudess and Portnoy). Plus, managed to score pics with Petrucci and Portnoy. Overall a fantastic night. They were all extremely nice, even after TWO back to back shows that ended overall at around 1:40 AM.

They played: Acid Rain, Biaxident, Kindred Spirits, When the Water Breaks, Osmosis, Paradigm Shift, Universal Mind, Another Dimension, Freedom of Speech, and State of Grace (I believe this was the setlist, plus some extended jams). Overall an amazingly good time!! If you can still see this show in Chicago and LA freakin' go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 AM

Re: Liquid Tension Experiment- 10th anniversary show - INCREDIBLE

A DVD would certainly be nice... did it look like they were shooting anything?
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 AM

Reviews: 4

LTE DVD... that would be orgasmic!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Portnoy didnt mention anything when I talked with him after the show, but I wouldnt count it out. There was a guy next to his kit filming the stage and the crowd, and another guy at the rail directly in front of the band with a pretty pro looking camera set up. If they got this show on DVD i will poop myself, cuz I dont think the world is even ready for this much awesome in a plastic box.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Great... Lets hope that if it does come out, its at least as good as the YMC show or the other official bootlegs...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
Great... Lets hope that if it does come out, its at least as good as the YMC show or the other official bootlegs...
I mean I'd still buy it if it was recorded with portnoys cell phone, that show was absolutely mindblowing and really a once in a lifetime thing.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM

nice that sounds awesome
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it really was. Rudess's stage presence was awesome. At one point he was tapping on some kids head in the front row to the beat of the song. Pretty funny stuff. Petrucci usually doesnt have any stage presence at all. Don't blame him considering the difficulty of the stuff he has to play. But this time he was pretty animated and lively. Very fun to watch, and Portnoy was his usual stick flipping water spitting comical self, lol. People came from ALL over for this show. This lady waiting with us to meet him came straight from Tokyo just for this 2 hour show. Commitment man!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Reviews: 1

Man, I wish I could have been to see this. Seeing LTE would pretty much be the best gig I could possibly go see; incredible written music and insane improv. I bet it was amazing. The Youtube vids of the old shows (plus the footage on the LDT DVD's) makes that line up look incredible.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 04:51 PM

aside from the great performance story, I especially enjoy reading about the "nice guy" activities they did.

Good on them I say.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm going to the Chicago show tomorrow! We're leaving at 10am from Indiana, so hopefully we'll get there around 2 or 3pm. We did that with G3 and got front row center, so maybe this will happen again.
Smitty
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leec View Post
Man, I wish I could have been to see this. Seeing LTE would pretty much be the best gig I could possibly go see; incredible written music and insane improv. I bet it was amazing. The Youtube vids of the old shows (plus the footage on the LDT DVD's) makes that line up look incredible.
Hopefully there'll be the DVD for you dude. It really was amazing, the youtube footage from NAAM or wherever pails in comparison to this show. They really went all out and there wasnt a single mistake to be heard from what I knew of their songs beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
aside from the great performance story, I especially enjoy reading about the "nice guy" activities they did.

Good on them I say.
Yeah, they really are great folk. I'm glad I finally got to meet the most important members of Dream Theater (to me anyway), and didnt have to buy the 300 dollar VIP package to do it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I'm going to the Chicago show tomorrow! We're leaving at 10am from Indiana, so hopefully we'll get there around 2 or 3pm. We did that with G3 and got front row center, so maybe this will happen again.
Smitty
Sweet man, enjoy it! Hope you guys get as great a performance as NYC got. Our venue was GA so no seats, but we got great spots right on the rail behind the soundman so we heard every note.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Reviews: 13

The best thing with these guys is that they really have fun on the stage.
So everyone on the crowd also have fun, and the concert is always great.
BTW... no pics??
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
The best thing with these guys is that they really have fun on the stage.
So everyone on the crowd also have fun, and the concert is always great.
BTW... no pics??
I didnt take any pics of them playing but they'll be all over the web soon cuz i saw like 100 people with cameras. Got my pic with Petrucci though, haha. I'm so sweaty and half-dead and stupid grin on my face...but who cares .

And there are two vids uploaded on youtube already (not by me, my camera sucks ass):

Universal Mind (with RIDICULOUS piano solo) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeohNy93Ff4

State of Grace -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SafpGkJPoqU
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM

Reviews: 1

Lol, you wore a t-shirt of 'the enemy'!! That's sweet that you got to meet 'em. I'm going to check those vids out now. Thanks for posting!

Tags
alternate picking , jordan rudess , mike portnoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode