Looking for well known Guitar teachers in West Sussex-Englan - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Looking for well known Guitar teachers in West Sussex-Englan

Hi there. I hope this is the right section.

Anyways, my guitar teacher atm is not really what im after, im not progressing and i dont get through half as much as id like, im generally after someone a bit more 'well known' and experience.

Obvioulsly this is for electric guitar, ive tried doing a search and finding a list of local guitarists but i didnt come up with much , so if anyone in England knows of some good teachers around my area (I live a few miles off of Brighton on the West Sussex Coast) please pass there names on to me with some form of contact and any info would be cool. Ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 05:32 PM

I may be wrong but I think Phil Hilborne may be around that way.....goto http://www.philhilborne.com (or do a search at google if that doesn't work).

Andy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 07:02 AM

I know a fantastic teacher in eastbourne called mike hutchinson. he was my teacher in the early days, and I thank him still every day for getting me going and teaching me good habits.

his number is in the eastbourne friday-ad every week.

--c.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Hmm i think eastbourne is too far for me too travel. Although i might look into the guy.

I went onto the Phil HIlbounr website, but i cant find anything about getting in contact with him, or anything about lessons. :/
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 02:17 PM

Phil doesn't really give lessons any more, hes too busy with his queen show thingy, amongst the many bands he records e.t.c Hes a very busy man, great guitarist though!!

Good Luck m8, it can be hard gettin' a gd teacher.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 10:48 PM

If you can afford it I heard rusty cooley does lessons via the internet, personalised for you (he records videos, transcribes things etc that you request) tho I think its like $50 a lesson.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 12:27 AM

Anyone knows about any good guitar teachers in Seattle area by any chance?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 04:11 AM

Well there is James Byrd who I know extremely well but he doesn't do lessons. But a good friend of his might do, he is called John Jaunese....if you like email him to see if he does.

John lives in Marysville or did last time I heard.....for more info see:

http://www.guitar9.com/undiscov31a.html there is an email link there also.

Andy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
If you can afford it I heard rusty cooley does lessons via the internet, personalised for you (he records videos, transcribes things etc that you request) tho I think its like $50 a lesson.
lol that would be cool dude. But $50 a lesson is like 30/35 quid, and sod that once a week

Im not really sure as to where i can look. Music shops normally have ads in the window, or the guys inside know.But i dont want to start having lessons from somone thinking it will be cool and it turns out to be well crap, or not what im after. Which is why id like somone a bit more well known, so i can see what their styles are and how people like them.

Tis proving hard though. I noticed a guy online that does lessons for $10 a time i think, actually might have been 10.But still the guy ruled and he did the old msn chat, video link stuff. I think ill hunt around more and see what i can find around my area, but if not ill try somthing like the online ones. The only problem with that is id prefere personal lessons, rather than sat at my computer all the time , like normall :P
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 09:49 PM

I'd phone a few of the guys from music shops, and ask if they would do taster lessons or something. E.g. a short (20-30) min lesson at a convienent time for a reasonable price. To see if you get along with them.

Tags
electric guitar , rusty cooley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode