For the love of god - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

For the love of god

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14973634&q=vai

This guy totally sucks...
he can play the song but he sucks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:19 AM

Re: For the love of god

It's normal when you try to play Vai "note by note" with no feeling on it.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp2332
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14973634&q=vai

This guy totally sucks...
he can play the song but he sucks...
so you're posting it to mock someone's playing?
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Is it just me or did anyone else think he was gonna fall off that chair at the end? lol

I'm sure his neighbours love him
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:51 PM

I thought he did pretty well considering! I couldnt/cant play it that well. Although, saying that I havent tried it past the intro part, as I am not a huge Vai fan. But, I thought he was quite good. Quite a few of the notes were "off", but that happens.

I think he would have performed it better if he showed some emotion. Its amazing how much that helps, maybe a smile on his face even?
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 PM

To be honest, so long as he's happy that's all that matters.

I wonder how long he's played? he sort of sounds like he's either new to playing and really accomplished or he's experienced and bit, well, tone-deaf.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 PM

or not having the treble and gain on his amp up to 10, and everything else on 0
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:40 PM

Reviews: 1

OHHH chinesss flied special nomo'. Since when do they show emotions dude c'mon much less a guy this age. Maybe a younger chinese or an actor but chinese dont tend to use thier faces to much to show emotions (does any1 have seen Hidden Tigel Clouching Dlagon)

To him I say get a metronome. Mg if I played those parts like that in my chinese guitar I would kick myself lmao. BTW ho deos shows emotions its just that his face is too wide.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Wicked tone and technique to match.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:22 PM

I like the guy with the dog better

damn that's a lotta gain and high-end.

What he lacks in soul, he makes up for in Seoul.

For the love of god, that was a BAD joke.

~K
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:31 PM

I give it a 4.5 out of 10.

I give his guitar's high E string an 'F' for being able to stay in tune. And did anybody else notice that he was one fret off in the first phrase of the fast part? That's the one part i can't really play (I improvise my own thing), but if I could i would definitely know that I was one fret off about 2 notes in. He played the whole frickin thing 1 fret off.

Yes i thought he was going to fall over in his chair.

I wonder if he knew this was going to go up on google.com. One day i'll record myself doing FTLOG. Maybe not on video though :-p

~K
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:32 PM

First id like to say thats its mean to make fun of someone...but

I did come across that video once when i searched for Vai and got a good laugh about it. The poor guy, if that video was a couple of years old, and he has some decent chops now, I bet he curses the day google video searches came on..

However, i think you have to admire the sheer stubborn mindedness of a guy who learns the WHOLE song, even the fast bits, when he cant even play the first couple of bars very well..

But like i said, its mean to make fun of people
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:51 PM

i think he's got the techniques down pretty well (minus the one sweeping bit near the end of the solo). it just seems like he wasn't familiar enough with playing the song, almost like he forgot where to go at times. i definitely wouldn't say he sucks. better than most of what i've heard here(this is not meant to be rude. no haters please) i just don't get why he'd record that if he didn't know the song well enough.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM

Reviews: 1

He is basically off tempo and off beat,
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 03:19 PM

I also think there may be a problem with the speed of the recording or something, which is why he sounds so hopelessly out of tune all the time. In any case, the poor guy is trying to run before he can walk, and by some cruel twist of fate, the results pop up on the first page when you type 'vai' into the google video search.

The funny thing, is that if you watch it without the sound, youd almost think he knows what hes doing, just by the look of his face, and the 'serious' way he seems to be playing. Its hard to judge his age cos hes so fat, but id guess hes just a kid, so while im guilty of making fun myself, i think we should leave the poor guy alone...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode