Mago de Oz - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Mago de Oz

There is a great spanish band that maybe you have never heard about. They are called mago de Oz and have several studio and live albums. The music they play are such a kind of 80´s hard rock mixed with celtic and folk instruments (violins and diverse types of flutes). Call it progressive if you want. The lead guitar player is an ibanez fan and uses a RG 550 with modified pickups and a greeen RG with piezos (I don´t know which model). Also a red jackson soloist apears sometimes. To those who are looking for virtuosism, there are tones of it. The singer is one of the best I´ve ever heard. The only problem for you is that the lyrics are written in spanish. Anyways check out any album of them. I suggest "La Costa del Silencio". Be sure you´ll enjoy them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 07:23 PM

Re: Mago de Oz

Yeah I've heard of them and they are a pretty awesome band. Another one I like is Heroes de Silencio, and my fav song from them is Decadencia
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinjem7vwh
Yeah I've heard of them and they are a pretty awesome band. Another one I like is Heroes de Silencio, and my fav song from them is Decadencia
They were my first hard rock band! I was introduced to soloing thanks of Juan Valdivia, then liked Slash thanks of him, then Metallica and finally jumped to Vai. Sadly I couldn´t attend to any of their shows, but saw Bumbury a few years ago with his own band. My fav of them is Avalancha, more rock than pop. Their best song... Iberia Sumergida for me!

So glad to know you´ve heard about our rock bands overseas!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 PM

Los Toreros Muertos son lo mejor del mundo, clasicos inigualables
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:09 AM

Have you hear o'funkillo??
It's a mix between RATM, Jamiroquai... not really my style as I'm more an 80's fan but they do something "different" they're great on stage.
Also check a Mallorquin group called Flying Dogs (Linkin Park style). They're Great at Stage as well!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan
Have you hear o'funkillo??
It's a mix between RATM, Jamiroquai... not really my style as I'm more an 80's fan but they do something "different" they're great on stage.
Also check a Mallorquin group called Flying Dogs (Linkin Park style). They're Great at Stage as well!
yes, Pepe Bao is a bass beast! I saw them one or two years ago in an open air festival. Also I´ve heard him playing with Tony G. Hernando, who has a great Ibanez collection (including some Jems and Universes). He is an Ibanez endorser an has designed his own 7 string axe (TH7). I haven´t seen this guitar in any catalogue yet.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:23 AM

...and Dean Markley endorser.. I'm also waiting to see the TH7 Specs. (any idea?)
Pepe is great. IMO he is the soul of the group.
Speachless about lyrics
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:42 AM

I've always loved Los Rodriguez

Tags
dean markley , ibanez collection , jackson soloist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode