Megadeath wrote some 'tallica tunes..? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Megadeath wrote some 'tallica tunes..?

I heard from a freind that megadeath wrote quite a few of the early metallica songs, like The Four Horsemen.
Anyone else know anything about this? And how come Metallica released them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 06:24 AM

Dave Mustaine used to be the guitarist with Metallica before he formed Megadeth (no 'a')
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

lol.Ah cheers for clearing that up.
How long did Mustaine stay in the band for?
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:17 AM

He stayed until just before they went into the studio to record kill em all.

He actually cowrote on that album, but never recorded.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 11:14 AM

They kicked him off the tourbus wearing only one shoe some day. Believe it had something to do with alcohol...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:52 PM

Apparently, Dave was a real ****y a-hole back then, which combined with his alcohol problems got him kicked out.

I admire Dave's honesty: I've read many interviews and he's never denied that even at this point he feels a little envious of Metallica's huge sucess.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:06 PM

Reviews: 3
his envy of metallica is what kept him going back onto the drugs after getting clean 15 times, dave got kicked out of metallica after a few incidents, they kicked him out whilst relocating from LA to san francisco they stopped at a bus station, woke him up and fired him and sent him home.

Their loss, megadeth totally SMOKE metallica
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 04:34 PM

He has some stuff he helped write on Ride The Lightning to I believe?
And yes, their loss. Dave Mustaine > Kirk Hammett
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Zero
Yes, but to the average person, megadeth = who?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Zero
Unless he's singing. I hate Dave's singing voice, sounds forced. And I like Kirk's style, at least, Black Album and more recent, especially around Load/Reload where he started bringing in influences from blues, etc.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:44 PM

dave mustaine's voice is a VERY acquired taste, many hate it, i however think it kicks ass and adds more brutality to the music, as opposed to hetfields later "attempts" shall we say he went from screeching to growling to barking to howling to...... stanger

plus hammett might be able to challenge mustaine in the lead department, but he isnt a patch on rhythm, plus at lead chris poland, jeff young, marty friedman, and al pitrelli also smoke hammett
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:46 PM

oh for some extra research today children, download mechanix by megadeth, and four horsemen by metallica
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:54 PM

I could reeeeeaaally see Dave being an annoying guy... Just listen/watch him sing! lol
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 11:34 PM

I like Megadeth... back in my church days everyone assumed they were all Satanists and of course me being where I was, thought the same thing... then Symphony of Destruction came out, and there's a song on there that sounds like something for animal rights. What the hell? I don't know a lot about the lives of the band members, I like the music and everything, just thought it odd to hear a song about animals by a band called MEGADETH. As for metallica... they're on my "DO NOT BUY" list. If Mustaine can play again, I hope to hear more from Megadeth : )
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vai n maiden
dave mustaine's voice is a VERY acquired taste, many hate it, i however think it kicks ass and adds more brutality to the music
agreed. Definatly an aquired taste, but I couldn't imagine any other voice with Megadeth

Tags
dave mustaine , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , marty friedman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode