Megadeth fans: Junior is back!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Exclamation Megadeth fans: Junior is back!!

I swear, I never saw it comming http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=134737

I'm glad he's back in megadeth, now let's hope dave brings marty and menza back!!

(I wonder what happened to james lomenzo ...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Re: Megadeth fans: Junior is back!!

Ahhh yes! Dave is a HUGE part of Megadeth that I missed when I saw them in concert last December. But at least he's back now.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm kind of surprised after all of the legal fighting they did.
James is probably going back to BLS.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM

I thought this was so random, did James leave or did Dave fire him?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM

If this is true,I'm glad for Junior.
He's was always a HUGE part of the band to me,like Cliff to Metallica.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:30 AM

If Marty comes back, I might literally pass out from the awesomeness. Bring back Marty!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:35 AM

Wow... I never thought this day would come.

Now I need to check that concert schedule!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 AM

wow, awesome news, the timing seems right for Marty to come back.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 AM

Reviews: 21

holy testicle tuesday!!!!! thats the best news ive had all day!!! \,,/
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 AM

In other news, pigs have started flying, hell has frozen over and Chibanez' are quality instruments.

Rock on!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Megadeth fans: Junior is back!!

JUST WOW!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: Megadeth fans: Junior is back!!

I'M SO EXCITE! Never saw this coming, just saw this on a YouTube comment on a Megadeth video and thought it was just some kid playing a joke but I researched it and it twas true! I always hoped Ellefson would come back since he had been in Megadeth for years since the beginning but thought it would never happen, but my dreams have come true. You have no idea how happy I am right now!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Megadeth fans: Junior is back!!

After thinking about it. It really shouldn't shock anyone. Musicians are notorious for saying something one moment and not adhering to it later.

~Some examples that come to mind~

Metallica said they would never make a video...

Kiss said they would never play with Ace Frehley again...

David St. Hubbins said he shan't be playing with Nigel again...

Motley Crue said that the band would not go on without all 4 original members...

Nuno said he would never get back with Extreme...

Eddie said he'd never play with Dave again...

Bret and Pamela said it was forever...

Tommy and Pamela said it was forever...

Kid Rock and Pamela said it was forever...

Tommy and Pamela said it was forever again...

The Dave and Dave show is just another stop along the way...
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I never noticed his not being there.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM

It seems Mustaine and Ellefson caught up at NAMM (funny, I saw them both separately at NAMM and thought "Man, if Mustaine sees Ellefson there's gonna be a fight") and it went from there.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/02/10...seCreep.com%29

Noisecreep: What triggered your decision to ask him to rejoin?

Mustaine: We were at the NAMM show, and Dean [guitars] had a party and asked if I would play, and I never do those things. So I said, "Well, I'll think about it," and then I went home, because I wanted to surprise them by coming back later. But everybody thought I wasn't gonna play, so they all kind of ****ed off. And once I did say, "Oh, yeah, I'm playing," they were scrambling around going, "Oh, my God, what are we gonna do now?" So I kind of shot myself in the foot with that one.

We couldn't find James or [guitarist] Chris [Broderick], and we were trying to find a bass player. James finally showed up, but my guitar tech approached David Ellefson, and he said yeah, he would love to do it. So that really opened the door. And since I had still looked at Dave with respect and appreciation for what he'd done for me and MEGADETH and our fans all around the world, and I still had tremendous respect for his talent, it made the decision pretty easy.

So a couple days ago I asked him to come back. Now, I know a lot of haters are gonna say, "How could [Ellefson] do that?" But anybody that really sees how hard I'm trying to live my life differently right now — and I'm really trying hard — this is just another one of the little things that you get. It's a perk for me to have one of my best friends back.

Noisecreep: Was James Lomenzo getting ready to leave MEGADETH when you asked Ellefson to join?

Mustaine: James had given us several years of faithful quality service in the bass and backup vocal position, and when this presented itself, it was hard to make the decision to tell him that we were going to do what was right for all of us, because I care so much about James. From a business point of view, Dave's my bassist. Always has been, always will be. Everybody that's been in the bass position for me, they've been brothers and I love them for it, but it's Dave's gig.

With James, he's a super-talented guy, he's a wonderful person and I know he's gonna do great at whatever he does next. He's played with some of the greatest players in the world — excluding me. You look at his repertoire with Ozzy and Zakk Wylde, and what he did with David Lee Roth and WHITE LION. Those guys were enormous back in the day. So James has had a very illustrious career, and I don't think by any means the world has seen the last of James. And frankly, if I have any side projects coming up in the future, I want to be able to call up James and say, "You know what, dude? I need killer bass player with a great sense of humor to come do a couple of bass parts for me. Are you game?" And have him not say, "**** you."

Tags
eleffson , megadeth , mustaine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode