Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Megadeth's new guitarist

4K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  moebius 
#1 ·
Im sorry if this has been talked about but i searched and couldnt find anything. Chris broderick joined Megadeth :D I'm really looking forward to see what they're going to do together. What do you think?

#11 ·
Now Marty Friedman will never be topped, but judging Chris' other stuff, I'm pretty excited, I got some 'deth tickets in the mindset I'd see Glen Drover as the guitarist and it'd be pretty damn awesome, and now I'm incredibly excited to see some of Chris' playing live, it's only in a few weeks too, this year'll be awesome. Late Feb the deth, May, Satch and Gilbert :D

#15 ·
I have to agree with the rest of the folks in here and say that the Dave/Marty combo was definitely what made Megadeth the band that it is. With that being said, I think that I would like to see a reunion of my fav. 4 'deth heads: Ellefson, Friedman, Menza and Mustaine.

Jimmy:smile:

#16 ·
I saw Megadeth with Glen 4 times and I really liked his playing, especially at the most recent gig. It's a shame to see him go, but I guess his heart just wasn't in touring.

We're coming up on the 20th anniversary of Rust In Peace in 2010. I wonder if Dave will reconvene the troops for an anniversary tour.

There's video on YouTube of Chris playing the Tornado of Souls solo from the Finland gig earlier this week.

#19 ·
My guess is Dave is (still) a king-sized a-hole who's hard to get along with. ;)
Funny story I heard about Dave M. from a very very reliable source...

When Al Pitrelli 1st got in the band, who only left Savatage/TSO because the money was unGodly, Al had to portray a more professional image (hence the clean shaven look). They were playing a gig, and in the middle of the show (guitars cranking-drums beating-bass whacking out loud), Dave goes up to Al and tells him (really yelling because it's so loud, and he was quite perturbed) his hair is messed up and to go to the side and fix his hair. Very shortly after that Al was back with Savatage/TSO...

When I heard that I cracked up I mean it's Megadeth for Christs sake, if you can't have a little wild hair during a Deth concert, when can you. That was the point I really started questioning Daves' grip on reality. So I think it's safe to say that he is still a nut job who drives people away with a pickup...:D

#21 ·
Just my .02.

I saw them, two or three years ago, when they came through town. I think it might even have been the first stop on the tour, or very early on. It was the one with Exoddus, and some one else. Anyhoo, I was terribly under impressed with Glen's abilities. The little arabic run in Holy Wars was HORRIBLE. I mean that is the only part going on right then, and he butchered it. The band sounded fine, but going from Marty, or even Al, to that was a step backward IMO. He might have still been working the kinks out, but I don't know. Good luck w/ the new guy, have not heard him, but I hope its a step in the right direction. Later, Tobe

#24 ·
Nah, Marty left because he wanted to get into pop, and he dumbed down his own playing. He was quoted at the time as saying he wanted to be in a band along the lines of Smash Mouth (that's no joke by the way). Thankfully Marty ditched that idea.

When Dave remastered Risk a few years ago he found that the producer, Dann Huff, had wiped a bunch of Dave's and Marty's parts and re-recorded them himself. So Dave wiped Dann's stuff and replaced it with his own playing for the remaster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.