Metallica & Iron Maiden - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Metallica & Iron Maiden

Well this week I saw Iron Maiden on tuesday at the NEC and Metallica on friday at Earls Court. I'm a big fan of both bands (apart from St.anger which sucks ass) and couldn't belive i was seeing them both for the first time, and in the same week.
I heard Maiden were an excellent live band and that is the understatement of the year. They were fantastic! When eddie came on and attacked the guitarists, Janick Jers lobbing his guitar around his head and jumping round everywhere. Bruce just being a legend. It was the best live show I've ever seen.
Metallica were alright but they mesed up the first song, Blackened, well badly. It was really good but they weren't as good as Maiden. I have to admit that the st.anger stuff does sound better live, as much as it kills me to say that because I hate that album. It is good to see them playing all their old stuff though.
Anyone else see these shows and opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 06:30 PM

I seen maden in the Manchester evening news arena , it was an amazing gig indeed
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 06:42 PM

I saw Iron Maiden in Nov 1988 (the 'Maiden England' shows) and Metallica the following Easter.

I can certainly say that back then Metallica was better than Eddie and the boys...but only just
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 06:18 AM

hey anton I was at the men arena maiden gig too!! sat up in the gods though... grrr...

janick gers' guitar throwing antics are still entertaining...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 06:55 AM

I was at the manchester show too...standing, of course an amzing gig, it really was. And I also think it was my 70th gig...which rocked.
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 09:24 AM

Never seen Metallica (and at this point wouldn't really want to), but I've seen Maiden on the last 3 tours. Amazing.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 11:42 AM

Never saw Metallica. I'd be more willing if they diddn't play all the old stuff downtuned (It doesn't sound right!!! )
Saw Iron Maiden this past summer at MSG with Dio and Motorhead... holy crap what an amazing show.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 01:46 PM

i saw maiden over the summer in cleveland, Ohio.

2nd best show ive ever been to.

just amazing, great band
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
I saw Iron Maiden in Nov 1988 (the 'Maiden England' shows) and Metallica the following Easter.

I can certainly say that back then Metallica was better than Eddie and the boys...but only just
Hell no man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodandtears
hey anton I was at the men arena maiden gig too!! sat up in the gods though... grrr...

janick gers' guitar throwing antics are still entertaining...
Yeah indeed , I can't work out who i prefer as a guitarist , dave or janick , they both rocked though
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Quote:

Hell no man
Simon, apparently your opinion is WRONG

(Metallica rule)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Zero
Never saw Metallica. I'd be more willing if they diddn't play all the old stuff downtuned (It doesn't sound right!!! )
Saw Iron Maiden this past summer at MSG with Dio and Motorhead... holy crap what an amazing show.
Wow that would have been cool, Dio rocks.... Rainbow In The Dark!!!!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Quote:

Hell no man
Simon, apparently your opinion is WRONG

(Metallica rule)
Arthur , apparently your ****

(Maiden rule)
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:15 PM

Used to like metallica but then kirk put me off, they still rule but started to lose it for me with later albums.
I dont know much maiden stuff but i must say they rule.

lol at Antons last post
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 04:21 PM

Glad you enjoyed it sammy me ol boi.. ,

Tags
iron maiden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode