Michael Lee Firkins Fans - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Talking Michael Lee Firkins Fans

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any Michael Lee Firkins fanatics on Jemsite who know how to play any of his songs off his self titled debut instrumental album pretty accurately??

There's next to no tabs of him, which is unbelievable seeing how spectacular he is, I've been learning it all by ear and I have Runaway Train
down pat but all the other tunes I have between 1-2mins of music worked out in most them.

I got his Hot Licks DVD but it's still hard as hell to work out these tunes,
if anybody has any tabs or maybe able to help me learn the rest of the other 8 songs I would appreciate it greatly and could also maybe return the favour if there's a song I know or have tabbed that you don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: Michael Lee Firkins Fans

Anybody??? Thought I would have had someone know a song or 2....damn

So with Laughing Stacks, Runaway Train, Cactus Cruz and Deja Blues I probably won't need any tabs or pointers but if anybody has tabs or the solos of 24Grand Avenue, Space Crickets, Rain in the Tunnel, Hula Hoops and The Sargasso Sea let me know please
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM

I'll be honest, I haven't really listened to MLF since his 90's self-titled debut on Shrapnel. I loved that album though--it made a big impression on me as I'd only been playing guitar for about 2 years at that time.

Since you've posted this, maybe I'll go check out some of his newer stuff.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Did you learn any songs off his debut?
He's a wicked player and that album is spectacular.

I haven't gotten any of his other albums yet because I've
been trying to learn all these tunes, I learn a little more
with each song everyday but damn I wish they done a tab
book for it back in the day, that hot licks DVD isn't enough
to work out the songs, ah well keep persevering.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibag View Post
Did you learn any songs off his debut?
He's a wicked player and that album is spectacular.

I haven't gotten any of his other albums yet because I've
been trying to learn all these tunes, I learn a little more
with each song everyday but damn I wish they done a tab
book for it back in the day, that hot licks DVD isn't enough
to work out the songs, ah well keep persevering.
I'd only been playing guitar for about 2 years at that point (and hadn't really "practiced" properly or regularly), so there was no way I could get anywhere close to learning anything from that album.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
I'd only been playing guitar for about 2 years at that point (and hadn't really "practiced" properly or regularly), so there was no way I could get anywhere close to learning anything from that album.
I more meant like did you ever end up learning any of the songs, but I understand if you haven't, those tunes are all hard as hell to play- its reminding when I started learning Guthrie's Waves and slippery wonderful thing just took like months to get them down

Tags
shrapnel records , shred guitar , speed picking , tapping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode