Ibanez JEM Forum banner

A milestone in my life today. (musically and parentally)

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kerem 
#1 · (Edited)
Today 1/13/08 for the first time ever. I played music with all 3 of my kids. A a father, it was at the top of the coolness scale. My boy, 12, got his 1st kit a month ago. Last night I informed him I wanted him to play a song with us in church this morning. I took my acoustic in his room, had him play along, he nailed it. We loading the Roland HD-1 kit in the truck. :)

This morning as people were coming in, so there was no pressure, I had him play along with us. Time was tight, so we only did half the song. But it was enough. I've been givin him props all day about it. He was nervous, but he's a pretty cool cucumber, so he did his best.

Here's the proof:

See less See more
1 3
#2 ·
That's pretty cool man :) I'm not sure exactly how it feels, but I know the other way around, since one of my inspirations for playing was my dad, and we both have a blast every time we sit down to play together, hehe. That's some cool guitar you are using on those photos BTW. Which is it? Pretty poor with non Fender/Ibanez/Musicman brands.

#5 ·
Very cool. Congrats!

I started giving my kids guitar lessons (daughter is 12 and son is 10). My daughter didn't take as well but my son is now eat up with guitars just like his old man, I'm very proud :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.