Music at 16 years old - Page 2 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 10:33 PM

Well I'm only 19 so 16 wasn't that long ago but I used to listen to mainly whatever was in my parents record collection I was right into the Beatles stuff and John Lennon. Not really heavily guitar orientated stuff I like to dream away and hear the solo's that I might put to songs etc. I've now progressed further into my parents era and love listening to Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Dire Straits etc.

Ange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 05:50 AM

Going way back to the hairspray days....

Satch, Vai, Whitesnake, Maiden, Dokken, G'n'R, DLR, Halen, Jovi, Metallica, Megadeth, Crue, Ozzy, Zep, Cooper, Stones, Hendrix, Ratt, Kiss, Dan Reed Network, Malmsteen, Macalpine, White lion, Twisted F#*kin' Sister....

Theres probably more but my memory fails me
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 07:04 AM

ok well im 16 and I listen to :

Guitarists
Andy timmons , Joe satriani , steve vai , yngwie malmsteen , richie kotzen , greg howe , SRV , JH , pat metheny , larry carlton , robben ford , paul gilbert , Petrucci , jason becker , marty friedman , allan holdsworth , brett garsed , frank gambale etc. The list goes on and on.
[alot of generes covered , as i listen to abit of everything]

All the usual suspect progressive bands such as dream theater symphony x etc , aswell as this I listen to Deep Purple / ACDC / Led zeppelin etc.

I also listen to vivaldi / beethoven / Mozart / pagginini etc.

Oh yeah almost forgot , classic 70s disco tunes
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 08:48 AM

when i was 16 i listened to green day/linkin park/deftones/nirvana/smashing pumpkins etc. When i was 17 i discovered Van Halen and so i went onto Vai/Satch from there. Of the music i was first into the only band i still listen to is the smashing pumpkins.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
ok well im 16 and I listen to :

Guitarists
Andy timmons , Joe satriani , steve vai , yngwie malmsteen , richie kotzen , greg howe , SRV , JH , pat metheny , larry carlton , robben ford , paul gilbert , Petrucci , jason becker , marty friedman , allan holdsworth , brett garsed , frank gambale etc. The list goes on and on.
[alot of generes covered , as i listen to abit of everything]

All the usual suspect progressive bands such as dream theater symphony x etc , aswell as this I listen to Deep Purple / ACDC / Led zeppelin etc.

I also listen to vivaldi / beethoven / Mozart / pagginini etc.

Oh yeah almost forgot , classic 70s disco tunes
Hi Anton,

Just wondering what Brett Garsed stuff you've got/heard ?

Ange
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 12:58 PM

Just the radio top 40 on a Sunday evening with my sisters...didn't buy my first tape until I was 20.

It's okay though, UK pop radio artists were pretty good back then (Duran Duran, Madness...uhm New Kids on the Block).
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 03:00 PM

I am sixteen, I'm into Tool, Bob Marley, Smashing Pumpkins, Mercedes Sosa, folk songs (Various Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Stan Rogers...etc...)
Slipknot, of course...Jazz, Oscar Peterson.
Right now I'm listening to Big Sugar's greatest hits.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 03:47 PM

Reviews: 3
I listened to a bunch of hogwash. Metallica, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Cannibal Corpse, etc.

The only good stuff I listened to was like Sly and the Family Stone, P-Funk, Earth Wind & Fire...
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Re: Music at 16 years old

im 15 but
satch, vai, gilbert and buckethead for my shred artists
megadeth, metallica, children of bodom and ozzy for metal
return to forever mostly and some marcus miller for jazz/ fusion
lots of soft and hard rock

thats just a taster anyways

Tags
allan holdsworth , andy timmons , brett garsed , death metal , eric johnson , frank gambale , heavy metal , jason becker , joe satriani , larry carlton , marty friedman , mike stern , miles davis , motley crue , pat metheny , paul gilbert , pearl jam , pink floyd , richie kotzen , robben ford , steve vai , stevie ray , strapping young lad , tommy emmanuel , van halen , white lion , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode