My album Zero Mantra is out! (two full tracks inside) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

My album Zero Mantra is out! (two full tracks inside)

So, this has been a solid ten years in the making, for various reasons, none of them good. But, my album Zero Mantra has been up on CD Baby for a couple days now, and finally hit iTunes (and Google Play, I understand, though I haven't checked yet) today.

I've worked on this forever, and I'm incredibly excited to be able to share it with people, so give it a listen and let me know what you think. There's a wide range of material on this, with "Red Skies" being towards the heavier end and "Letting Go" being one of the more mellow tracks, so this should give you a fair sense of the scope of the album.

Red Skies:
http://youtu.be/trnztVCYnyk

Letting Go:
http://youtu.be/qEINf399sDY

If you want a hard copy you can grab one here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/drewpeterson

Enjoy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 PM

Re: My album Zero Mantra is out! (two full tracks inside)

:nope:

Just kidding man. I think you've done a fantastic job.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:19 AM

Reviews: 120

Great stuff mate,sounds fantastic!
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 11:16 AM

PURCHASED from CD Baby (Gotta have a hard copy) and cannot wait to listen to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually start listening to stuff in my car because I can focus (squirrel!!!) on the music. Then it gets moved to my SD card and phone. I will sure this will spend plenty of time in rotation!!!
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM

Excellent tracks!
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 4

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YES

Worth the wait. I'll be getting this when I go back to school.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I've gone from being kind of nervous about having this out in the public eye, to just really excited to be able to share it with people after all () these years of working on it! \m/
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Thanks guys! I've gone from being kind of nervous about having this out in the public eye, to just really excited to be able to share it with people after all () these years of working on it! \m/
It sounds great and don't worry about what others think. There's always detractors out there and that's their problem.

What I love about youtube is that along with the obvious wide distribution of the website, modern technology allows virtually everybody the ability to record stuff and put it online. It's so refreshing of having that option and not having to just hear major label record releases. From Jemsite, I have discovered these tracks you put out, Ibanez-Mag's stuff, and KyleamI, too.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
What I love about youtube is that along with the obvious wide distribution of the website, modern technology allows virtually everybody the ability to record stuff and put it online. It's so refreshing of having that option and not having to just hear major label record releases. From Jemsite, I have discovered these tracks you put out, Ibanez-Mag's stuff, and KyleamI, too.
It's a blessing and a curse - for every legitimately brilliant artist I've found who was able to release and record music on their own (Lyle Watt and Angel Vivaldi are two excellent examples), there's approximately eleventy-billion OMG S2.0 AXEFXII BKPS OLA PATCH MIXTEST!!!1!cos(0)! djent videos spamming discussion boards you have to wade through, where they all think maybe if they just post enough videos they'll be the next bulb (and neglecting to notice they don't have half his talent).

And I'm sure SOMEONE is bound to write a scathing review or tell me about how they have intimate knowledge of my mother because my music sucks so much, but so far the response has been really positive.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:01 PM

Glad you got it done, Drew... Hard copy ordered!
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:08 PM

Reviews: 10

sounds like a labor of love - congrats on the release!!! I will definitely check this out!
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
It's a blessing and a curse - for every legitimately brilliant artist I've found who was able to release and record music on their own (Lyle Watt and Angel Vivaldi are two excellent examples), there's approximately eleventy-billion OMG S2.0 AXEFXII BKPS OLA PATCH MIXTEST!!!1!cos(0)! djent videos spamming discussion boards you have to wade through, where they all think maybe if they just post enough videos they'll be the next bulb (and neglecting to notice they don't have half his talent).

And I'm sure SOMEONE is bound to write a scathing review or tell me about how they have intimate knowledge of my mother because my music sucks so much, but so far the response has been really positive.
I was in a brit pop band, ala Oasis-like but before Oasis, and Melody Maker slammed the hell out of us. It wasn't quite the time for retro British sounding bands (many British but quite a few American like us) and it was an awful thing to try out. When everybody and their sister came out five years later rehashing the 60s British invasion sound, then it was all OK and all cool. If what a person does is too early, or too late, for a given style, then the detractors will crucify you and it was so hard since we worshiped that rag. In the end all the suffering and embarrassment caused from that magazine was not worth it. I wish I still had a copy of that review so I could show anybody who gets a "bad review" and feels bad, because no bad review could be as scathing as this one was. We put 18 months and countless hundreds of hours into this only to get a 90 second review from these guys. Today we laugh about it.

Coming out like that and getting blasted felt like sporting a late-80s mullet or parachute pants, but just five years too early. In the early 1990s, everyone wanted to get Fender Jaguars and wear plaid shirts and pretend to be Nirvana and it was so out of step to sound like clean jangy Rickenbackers with harmonies. To be sure we felt so small after that Melody Maker review.

Interestingly, I give major kudos for somebody like England's The Darkness to become a retro 1980's style Sunset Strip band five years before the style became popular again with the many reunions of the original 80's hair metal bands that now have legitimate and rather large new audience.

And you know, as do all Jemsiters, that instrumental guitar rock/metal or anything Satriani or Vai inspired will get a whole lot of haters who think that lead guitar is passe. We live in a small, underground society of musicians who may love instrumental guitar music but are overwhelmed on the radio with Lady Gaga, One Direction, and Taylor Swift. That being said, I do like those mega popstars too, but I also like instrumental guitar music (what some called shredder) thus the whole reason I come to Jemsite.

Keep up the good work and with the far reach of youtube, you will find enough people who will like your stuff and follow you. Again, ignore the usually narrow minded haters out there. There's a whole legion of music critics that will only feel like they are doing their job when they criticize something up and down.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 01-13-2015 at 01:40 PM.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:12 PM

Nice man! Good vibrato!
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Really Stealth? Thanks - I've always thought it could be better, but thank you.

Thanks Blazer - I think there's a certain element of "not giving a ****" that I guess I'm pretty ok with, and anyway I've always defended my choice of genre by saying that I totally get how it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's just so much FUN to play that I basically do it for myself.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:43 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
...lead guitar is passe.
NEVER! =)

Tags
drew peterson , zero mantra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode