My Attempt at Erotomania- First Upload - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

My Attempt at Erotomania- First Upload

I have no idea if this will work, it is my first attempt to post a song here

this is my attempt at playing Erotomania
I decided after seeing the other guy's copy that I should give it a shot too
Sorry but I'm a fool and can't do the drum track stuff

ignore the attempted segue into voices at the end- I was just noodling.

Anyway, here goes, let me know what you think, but don't be too harsh- It was just a quick one take go at it.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Vi...hp?eltid=13547
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 09:10 AM

there weren't any rythem to it....
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

like I said, no drum track or click to keep me from going way to fast

I'm not saying this is a good finished product, I just want feedback on the playing
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 01:21 PM

hey man , a couple of flaws , but overall very good dude! , better than what i could do , i think you done very well to stay in time as well as you did with no metronome / drumming device ,
peace
anton
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Anton, I appreciate the feedback. I tried to download the song you posted a while ago but it didn't work- I'll try again when you upload next.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 09:30 PM

Practice makes perfect. Keep up the work.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Hey satch boogie, thanks for the feedback- I appreciate it even if it is negative. I'm 16, to answer your question.

Do you think you could do an upload of the perfect playing that you're talking about? I looked around but failed to find it. I don't want to be mean either, I just don't feel like being told how bad I am simply on the premise that you say that you are better than me.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 01:32 PM

guys please dont make it personal here.

satch boogie - I think people are posting clips of their playing in this forum in order to get positive criticism. its important you realize that some people are more sensitive than others, and a very negative feedback can really put them down. I think you should try and avoid adding your playing skills, or your ability to play a particular song the original poster played. it's giving the feedback a very negative vibe.

You should try and reconsider your choise of words. To the guy who posted the original song, Just ignore that feedback because i consider it to be "defying".

satch boogie, i hope you know what i mean and dont think im against you or somthing. we just need to be nicer.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Boogie
I dont want to be mean, but that was pretty bad. When I just jam on that for fun when i got nothing else to do, I play almost perfectly. I play that song and many others by myself without a metranome and the whole song i play in the same tempo giving the notes the right values and so on,
That was a pretty nasty post man , you should never compare people to your own playing , " play that song and many others by myself without a metranome " , so what dude , it aint a competition here , hes just looking for a bit of feedback , I'd like to hear your playing satch boogie , since you go on about how amazing you are in almost every post you make ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster26
Hey satch boogie, thanks for the feedback- I appreciate it even if it is negative. I'm 16, to answer your question.

Do you think you could do an upload of the perfect playing that you're talking about? I looked around but failed to find it. I don't want to be mean either, I just don't feel like being told how bad I am simply on the premise that you say that you are better than me.
hey man , ask yourself this , how many people can play that tune like petrucci ? not many!! , your attempt was real good man , dont let him put you down , your real good for your age . or any age! the only thing I can agree with him on is practice , we all need to practice alot to play hard songs like that cleanly , keep on rockin
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 03:10 PM

Thats my point exactly.

No-one hardly at all can play the songs like the real makers. Like Vai for example is the only man that can play For The Love Of God properly.
You can only make an attempt.

At the end of the day, you cant expect to play things like Vai and Satch songs first time. No matter how good you are. It takes loads of practise. Even for people like HanBan

And yeah, every post I seen of your Satch Boogie, you are just slating people down. Saying their crap and your better basically! Like Anton said its no competition. He was only looking for some feedback.

And anyway, good try dude. You got more guts than me for posting stuff and accepting criticisms.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 03:55 PM

I didn't mean I was better than anything. I was trying to say that if you can't play a song with the correct rhythm without a metranome, practice it more, or pick an easier song. I wasn't trying to say you suck, I am the best, I was just trying to explain to him to not try to play something you can't play cleanly and accurately. If you still working on this song, fine, JUST play what you can and how you can play it so its clean. Don't try it and make it sound terrible and screw up the rhythm and so what, you don't learn fast that way, you really don't learn at all. Thats all I was trying to say. Just practice. Practice makes perfect, but you gotta practice SLOWLY!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 03:59 PM

Of course no no can play dream theater stuff like dream theater and so on, thats what makes them dream theater! The way people have practiced and played over the years gives them a certain substyle of what rhythms they are good at, what groupings of pull offs and hammer ons and licks and so on and they can play them easily and with great emotion. Thats why it may be easy to play fast and great your own stuff but not other peoples. Its a great skill to be able to play other peoples stuff as well as them, but you'll probably never get it to be matched to their's or as good, anyways, they did write the song to begin with, not you. Im sorry if I seemed like an ass. I take any personal blows or stuff back, I just wanted you to know not to try and over do urself. I am a big believer in self dissipline when it comes to learning an instrument.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 06:38 PM

if you continuously attemp to play things you know you can play you will never get better.

Guitar playing must really be frustrating fo you satch, because i bet you'll never get any better wiht that attitude.

keep tying kid, i still dont have the gut sto take on erotomania, still working on the serrana arps, your doing great dude.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:02 PM

That's a good effort, obviously not perfect, but a good start nevertheless. You are much better guitarist than me, that's for sure. As for the metronome thing, try to find a backing track for the song, and practice over it, you will have it near perfect very soon. Oh, and work on your tone, this song needs a much tighter lead tone.

Re: Satch Boogie: You are right about the practicing. But, as for the metronome thing, sure, proficient musicians will be able to stay in time without metronome, but imagine what happens when you remove a drummer from most rock bands, I'm sure in most cases they would fall apart. The fact that shredmaster can't stay in time during a 6 minute song is not yet a reason to bring him down. And your comment about you being able to play it perfectly, well, good for you, but that was definately out of place.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:10 PM

hey satch, lets hear your MP3?

Tags
backing track , guitar playing , satch boogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode