My first band's (Driftwood) Song - Reviews Needed! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

My first band's (Driftwood) Song - Reviews Needed!

Hello Guys,
I need some reviews for one my band's song. This is my first band, we're called 'Driftwood' and the song is called 'Solitude'. We formed 2 months ago. I am looking for genuine criticism about the song, musically, structurally any feedback would be much appreciated! The recording is a very rough one done at home.

Here is the link to the song
http://rapidshare.com/files/34249055...D_MIX.mp3.html

Thanks,
Arnab

EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/driftwoodindia
Myspace link with another song(Unbreakable) that we recorded recently, do check it out and let us know what you think of it!
Thanks!

Last edited by arnab; 02-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Reviews: 27
Re: My first band's (Driftwood) Song - Reviews Needed!

I like the song, it has a great groove.

You said it was a rough recording, and yes that is very apparent. It is balanced toward the left way too much, there's too much reverb/echo on the vocal, and it probably was mastered to hot as it does start clipping with distortion in a lot of spots.

But assuming that you're going to re-record & re-mix it, I think you have something great going on with your band. Keep it up! I want to hear more from Driftwood.

Gary
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Hey Gary,
Thanks for the feedback, yes we definately need to re-record and appreciate your input. Will keep it in mind while re-recording it.

Any more reviews?

Arnab
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

any other listeners? :/
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:33 PM

I listened. The vocalist (female) is a keeper. I do not believe the song suits her style/voice. If you find the style for her and am able to keep her on board it can be big.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Ibanized, thanks for checking it out, we are trying our best to find a style that suits everyone in the band and still sounds good and appeals to us musically as well.

@ Everyone else, edited the first post with myspace link to another song (Unbreakable) we recorded recently do check it out guys.

Tags
driftwood pune solitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode