My First Youtube vid. Satriani cover. Always with me, always with you - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
My First Youtube vid. Satriani cover. Always with me, always with you

I've been a long time member and have never posted any of my guitar playing here. Lots of great guitarists here. Here is my first youtube vid. One of my favorite Satch songs. Always with me, always with you. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Thanks for the listen. Cheers, Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6UK7ofXiw

or type in belleswell in the search window.

Last edited by belleswell; 04-05-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Vin

Re: My First Youtube vid. Satriani cover. Always with me, always with you

I really like this,
Its a very relaxing song. - thanks
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 07:29 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: My First Youtube vid. Satriani cover. Always with me, always with you

Nice, touching vid there brother...The overall piece was very well done! Love the gear too...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 PM

great playing and collection.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Great job! Nice video!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Thanks you guys. I very much appreciate your kind words. I normally shy away from covers. I always feel that they are not as exact as they should be. I can appreciate trying to put ones own spin on a cover song, but to do that to a Satriani song seems moot. His phrasing, impeccable legato technique, and tone are just a tough act to try and impart ones own style to without destroying the emotion and feel of the original. I enjoy working on originals much more so. Although original is a subjective term in that everything we play as "original" are nothing more than re-digested pieces of those we've listened to and studied, imo. Still I'm proud to say he has been one of my largest influences since I first heard him. I've had a love/hate relationship with about a dozen of his songs I've worked on over the years that are close, but still not quite there. I finished this a couple of months back and it took me that long to get the nerve to post it there and share it. There are so many young and extremely gifted players I've seen that have left me wanting to throw yet another perfectly good guitar out the window, figuratively speaking. Thanks again guys.

Cheers, Jeff

Last edited by belleswell; 04-07-2010 at 12:44 AM.

Tags
always with you , satriani always with me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode