about 5 years ago I bought a white RG550 w/maple neck, i installed a tonezone in the bridge and paf pro but it didnt do much for me, anyways here is how she looked then
well over time the frets got bad and the neck warped bad, i mucked around with it but couldnt fix it, i took the tonezone and paf and put it on my famous blue RG570 hybrid.
well, the white RG became just a guitar i had around, it played like crap, sounded worse....i decided to tune it to B and use it as a heavy guitar (the 1st 12 frets were good)
and this is how it sat for 4 years
a home scalloping job gone horribly wrong...lol oh well you live and learn.
Recently i had the urge to fix her up, i bought a new maple neck off fellow jemsite Gpenguins (thanks mate!) and a black scratch plate in an attempt to make the RG20th people jealous :P
So now i had an almost new neck, good body, and i thought...well all my other guitars are dimarzio guitars, lets make this an SD guitar through and through...
so i went through my pickup drawer, found a Seymour Duncan JB, a Seymour Duncan Hotrail and a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker!
All black of course.........
well here is where the nightmare starts
when i installed the neck, it went on crooked, like the holes for the replacement neck and the old body were not right, when i tightened the screws and set the neck it would angle toward the ground, forcing the high e string to almost be sitting off the fretboard making it unplayable...
after reading some info about shims and trying different things i thought...well lets drill some new neck holes and re set the neck!
so this is what i did and it worked!