My Sons are in their first commercial!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
My Sons are in their first commercial!!

You guys all know Damien (D.M.RG7620) and many have heard about my other son Cameron. Well, we got them and their cousin together to do some fun filming for a day. The commercial is for a new series of Heavy Metal instructional DVD's. It's goofy, but was a ton of fun to do!!!!

The song is not any of ours, It was given to us to play to.

Here the youtube version!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiprg...eature=mh_lolz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Re: My Sons are in their first commercial!!

It was nice of you to do the close ups for them so they looked like they knew how to really play! Just kidding... But I didn't know they could all play. You need to have some more kids and see if you can get a drummer and keyboard player

Great job!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
It was nice of you to do the close ups for them so they looked like they knew how to really play! Just kidding... But I didn't know they could all play. You need to have some more kids and see if you can get a drummer and keyboard player

Great job!
LMAO!!! I'm done having kids. Two were more than enough for me!!!!

They all do play, but they only got 5 minutes to listen to this song before the taping started. They all got it down pretty well, but the editor cut in shots for the "shot value" and not because it lined up their playing with the song. It's too bad really, because for the most part, they nailed the song down.

It WAS a lot of fun to do for them. They laughed their butts off the whole time!!!!

BTW: Cam (mohawk-playing the 7620) is actually a bass player!! I asked if he thought he could do the guitar parts and he was like, "Sure Dad......WTF"!!!!

LMAO!!!!!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Wow....74 views and not one person after ChrisF to make a comment........I'm surprised, I though you guys would love the laugh and to give Damien a hard time.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Wow....74 views and not one person after ChrisF to make a comment........I'm surprised, I though you guys would love the laugh and to give Damien a hard time.
I razzed you all pretty good!

Seems like there is a new crowd here now. Us old timers don't get much respect anymore Hey we both joined at the same time.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
I razzed you all pretty good!

Seems like there is a new crowd here now. Us old timers don't get much respect anymore Hey we both joined at the same time.
LMAO!!! Old timer is right.

It sucks when your kids turn out to be better players!!!

When we joined Jemsite, they were still watching "Pokemon" in their "Toy Story" Pajamas!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 07:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FL...tailpage#t=45s

I giggled.

I did watch it without sound, because one kid had emo hair! Shame on you! And grats with the shooting, looks like you had fun. Must have been hot in front of those fires...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FL...tailpage#t=45s

I giggled.

I did watch it without sound, because one kid had emo hair! Shame on you! And grats with the shooting, looks like you had fun. Must have been hot in front of those fires...
LOL...it was fun. Which one has "Emo" hair?? I'm not really good with what's "emo" and whats not.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM

Thats fun!!!!!! That is awesome that they are involved with music!!!!!

I had an friends old band ask me if I wanted to be in their video when I was 18-19, I wasn't anywhere near experienced enough in my playing at that time to even fake it.

Good for them!!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Thats fun!!!!!! That is awesome that they are involved with music!!!!!

I had an friends old band ask me if I wanted to be in their video when I was 18-19, I wasn't anywhere near experienced enough in my playing at that time to even fake it.

Good for them!!!!
LOL....I don't think I'm good enough to fake it now.

They've both turned into fairly talented players...... I hope they decide to take it somewhere. School would be a GREAT start!!!!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM

LOL well, the nice thing about guitar is that we can keep playing into our old age, an age that seems to be coming sooner than later, I turn 40 next week.

We gotta be around long enough to make sure our kids kids know about the awesome music and guitars from the 80's.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 01:38 AM

Dude, I think it's awesome. I'm not quite an old timer yet, but my 5 month old son has been wigging out every time I carry him by the guitars hung on the wall, he gets wide eyed, mouth drops open and limbs start spazzing while he fixates on the headstocks and compares them. 3 days ago he finally reach out and started twanging strings, that's like no other feeling in the world to me right now, and watching these vids just makes me grin from ear to ear, thinking of the future.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

So, the commercial has changed a bit, thought you guys might like to check it out......

New Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNwc...1&feature=plcp

Tags
d.m.rg7620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode