My thoughts EXACTLY!!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM

Re: My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

here in the 3rd world, if you're wearing a gun, or you're a cop, or you're a thief.
anyway: i run from both!!!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
here in the 3rd world, if you're wearing a gun, or you're a cop, or you're a thief.
anyway: i run from both!!!
In the 1st world too. Nugent is a retard. I have no issues with people owning a gun, but these nutcases are not even willing to outlaw assault rifles.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 04:40 PM

What good would outlawing them do? I'd bet anything most civilians using an assault rifle didn't purchase it legally, and a weapons possession charge would be on the lighter side of their record.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 PM

Assault rifles are available in any gun store. You can buy an AK47 for a less than a RG550. Who needs those ? Besides the gangbangers? Nugent is a right wing loon, not saying i don't agree with some of his examples somewhat. NRA nut.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

I agree with every thing he says....
to hell with running away
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
Assault rifles are available in any gun store. You can buy an AK47 for a less than a RG550. Who needs those ? Besides the gangbangers? Nugent is a right wing loon, not saying i don't agree with some of his examples somewhat. NRA nut.

You can walk into any gun store and buy assault rifles, but how many gang bangers do you really think buy theirs legally? Between waiting periods and back ground checks, I doubt most of them could buy one. Taking them out of stores wont stop the wrong people from buying them, it will only affect the law abiding people. It isn't a matter of who NEEDS them, there's a lot of things people don't need, but there is no reason to punish a collector or enthusiast because of a few jerks offs. Banning them won't affect the problems at all.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

What it a assault rifle?? A 22 is an assault rifle if you point it and shoot somebody in the face! Just because it looks "mean" or "military style" does not make it more of an assault rifle than anything else. Hell if someone wanted to shoot somebody dead does it matter whether they use a Sears 22 rifle or a fully auto AK-47 that person is still dead. It's not the gun but the person behind it pulling the trigger. How many deaths occur in this and other countries related to alcohol!!!
There's no real arugement, a government that fears people with arms is a government that people should fear!!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemswirl View Post
There's no real arugement, a government that fears people with arms is a government that people should fear!!!!
their not acting very scared
they act like they can do what ever they want
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manticore View Post
their not acting very scared
they act like they can do what ever they want
Trust me their scared! Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the likes would love to take your
guns and gun rights away. They know they would have bloodshed on their hands
if they just outright ban guns. Hence the slow, chipping away at it just like our freedom!!

I would say another generation or so, of constant propaganda thru the state run media and the education system, that should seal up the progressives agenda.

Remember 42% to 50% support Obama, Pelosi ect. That's just about half the population.
Imagine when that number reaches 75%.

Oh well, it was a good 250 year experience this thing call freedom and the constitution.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned

it ain't over till it's over
I think the fight is just getting started
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Just a heads up guys, I know I posted here but this political talk is generally frowned upon here and gun topics usually get closed pretty quick. Everything's been good so far let's please try to keep it that way.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM

I just saw this http://hutaree.com/

Tell me you really want these guys to have weapons? Legally.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 AM

If they have not committed a felony then they should have the right.
Anyways, only law abiding citizens will be penalized if you outlaw fire arms. If a criminal wants a weapon I doubt he is going to the local gun shop and filling out a background check.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

There was a video of ted explaining the similarities of guns and guitars...From his 1989 video Whiplash Bash

"Lotta wood, little metal, packed with magnum ammo, a big blast, a reasonable amount of twang...And damn if I can't catch my dinner with both of 'em" (Maniacal laugh follows as a pretty young girl walks by)

I always thought that was great!

I love Ted, and what he stands for, because he stands for something. However I am not a gun person myself, in the same way that I'm not a car enthusiast. My brother is a police sgt. in NJ so he takes the warrior approach and I'm the sensitive artist...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode