Need suggestions - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Need suggestions

On what to learn.

I've basically worked at Eruption for the last month or so and I got that down good quite well except for a few parts in the song but other than that it's top notch. Now that I have 2 weeks of holidays I need to work at my guitar fiercly. Today was a variety show at my school and this one guy played and stole the show. Well I plan on being in the variety show at the end of the school year and doing the same. So anybody have any suggestions on a good song/solo I should work at? I can play about 10 Metallica solos some **** by Megadeth, Testament, EVH, Joe Satriani etc. I don't think I'm good enough to come up with something on my own since I know close to squat about music theory. Any help please? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Re: Need suggestions

For the love of God
Jibboom
Shy Boy - This is a really good one to do if your performing. Blindfold yourself and do it on stage. This will diffiantly attract attention.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 PM

Tender surrender
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klp2332
For the love of God
Jibboom
Shy Boy - This is a really good one to do if your performing. Blindfold yourself and do it on stage. This will diffiantly attract attention.
shy boy is a good idea!!! that song is so crazay!! =]

make sure you bring a video camera and post it here =]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually going to work at Tender Surrender for the next couple weeks. Hope it works out well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:22 AM

Satch Boogie
Liberty
Bad Horsie
Top Gun Theme
Better Days Ahead-If you can find a good pianist and percussionist
Last Train Home-same as above
Giant Balls Of Gold
Feathers-Interesting opening that would grab anyone's attention

And, if you can find a whole orchestra to back you up, Lotus Feet (Grammy nominated, baby!).

All of the above are fairly easy to play. Better Days Ahead is an exception. It's a tough one to play, and a Jazz guitar is best used for it. For the Top Gun Theme, it's best if one of your friends can play piano, 'cause it will add to the effect. Though Metheny uses a Sitar/Synth on Last Train Home, it wouldn't sound bad at all on a normal electric soildbody. Satch Boogie doesn't have to be 100% precise. Just get the general idea and go crazy.

Last edited by King Knall; 12-25-2005 at 12:28 AM.

Tags
joe satriani , lotus feet , satch boogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode