New Called To Arms album - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

New Called To Arms album

So I haven't posted in here in awhile. Got married, bought a house, got a real job...but I still found time for my fellow shredder and I to write a new full length for our band. It will be coming out this summer on Tragic Hero Records. We aren't officially promoting the album yet, but I have put up a 5 minute un-mastered teaser on our purevolume account(titled, CTATeaser):

www.purevolume.com/calledtoarms

I figured I would post the link here since one of the guitars I used a lot on this album was an S5470 I fell in love with while reading the S-series thread on this site haha.

We are definitely a metal band but our sound really varies a lot over this album. Has a lot of prog elements and a lot of shredding (at least as best as the other guitarist and I can haha)

Let me know what you think!

(for fans of bands like Cynic, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, etc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: New Called To Arms album

Nice, sounds awesome! I remember discovering you guys back in like 04-05, a time before myspace was the place to find bands.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshredsalot View Post
Nice, sounds awesome! I remember discovering you guys back in like 04-05, a time before myspace was the place to find bands.
Glad you like it! And especially since you have heard some of our stuff in the past. That time frame makes sense because that was around the time we were most active and promoting ourselves (2003-early 2006ish). Seems like so long ago, but I miss playing all those shows and just being more active as a band then. We came back in 2007 and played shows through 2008 and then we kind of got too busy with other stuff. But writing this album last year was a lot of fun, even if we don't have the time to play out like we used to.

Thanks again for listening; it's awesome to hear from someone who listened to us before the Myspace era.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

swing and a miss I guess with other people. I'm assuming the vocals probably turn a lot of people off here haha.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Banned

i dont mind the music guitars ect but im not keen on death metal vocals.but im sure death metal fans will love your band cos it is good for what it is.ive heard a lot worse and i mean a lot worse,napalm death springs straight to mind lol
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
i dont mind the music guitars ect but im not keen on death metal vocals.but im sure death metal fans will love your band cos it is good for what it is.ive heard a lot worse and i mean a lot worse,napalm death springs straight to mind lol
haha, fair enough
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

so far, early pre-release reviews of the album have been awesome. Here's one where we got a 4.5/5.

http://thenewreview.net/reviews/call...nd-the-patient

"Peril And The Patient has without a doubt made my list of favorite albums. If you’re looking for exciting, relentless, diverse, and powerful metal then look no further. Called To Arms dishes out a stellar helping of awesome by fusing together a plethora of heavy metal sub-genres, all the while keeping a varied, original and interesting sound." -TNR
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 AM

well done. I love the riffage but can't handle the vocals.

You don't have plans to release just the riffage, huh?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

thanks man! And I can understand about the vocals haha. To answer your question, we actually have thought about releasing the instrumental version of the album via itunes. I'll definitely post in this thread if I get more details on that; seems like kind of a cool thing to do.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:28 AM

That would be awesome. You'd probably get a bunch of wannabe singers singing your songs though and youtubing them... its a way of viral marketing I guess.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
That would be awesome. You'd probably get a bunch of wannabe singers singing your songs though and youtubing them... its a way of viral marketing I guess.
haha yea. that would be pretty funny if someone actually did that. free marketing like you said.

We have two new songs streaming on our myspace now. Hopefully I'll have info on pre-orders soon though if anyone is interested
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

We have 4 of the songs from our current album up on the myspace now. Album has been received extremely well so far .

I understand lots of people aren't big on the vocals but hopefully some people still check out the new tunes from a guitar standpoint. And hopefully I can get some instrumental versions of it from the studio soon even.

Tags
called to arms , metal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode