Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New Kids On The Block reform!!!

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  IbanezFreak777 
#1 ·
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the Extreme reunion was exciting, but now this?!?

New Kids On The Block To Reform
by Paul Cashmere - January 28 2008
www.undercover.com

New Kids On The Block, one of the world's first "boy bands', is planning a comeback.

Donnie Wahlberg, Joey McIntyre, Danny Wood, Jordan Knight and his brother Jonathan, are expected to make the official announcement in coming weeks.

It has been 24 years since NKOTB were 'Hangin' Tough'.

The group's official web site was reactivated last week with a new copyright notice 2008 NKOTB Inc added.

New Kids On The Block were manufactured in Boston in 1984 as a white version of New Edition.15 year old Donnie Wahlberg won the audition over 500 other entrants to become the first member.

He initially brought in his little brother Mark but the younger Wahlberg made a good choice and didn't pursue the band. He started his own group Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch, and had a number of hits on his own, including 'Good Vibrations'. He is now a successful movie star.

Danny Wood was Donnie's best friend. He got a gig. The Knight's went to school with Donnie.

Another early recruit, Jaime Kelly didn't last long. He was replaced with 12 year old Joey McIntyre.

The first album by NKOTB came out in 1986 but was widely ignored. 'Hangin' Tough', the second album in 1988 hit the spot with the single 'You Got It (The Right Stuff).

The end came in 1994 after the final album 'NKOTB'. With the guys now in their mid to late 20s, New Kids On The Block were no longer "cute" anymore.

NKOTB.com is expected to make the reunion announcement in February.

Meantime, to prepare for what this thing could turn out like, I recommend you watch the Australian movie Boy Town.

The comedy Boy Town was about a boy band that decided to reform when they are in their mid 30s. They soon discover that the old teenage love songs don't work with the audience anymore, so they right a new batch of songs for 30+ women to identify with.

The new song titles were 'P___ywhipped', Parent Teacher Night', 'Dishpan Hands', 'Cellulite Lady' and 'Special Time Of The Month'.

The reformed NKOTB might be well advised to throw a few Boy Town covers into their set.

See less See more
#9 ·
Must be a typo.

1988 was Hangin' Tough wasn't it?

lol, everytime I try to remember one of their tunes I keep hearing Opposite's Attract, but seeing the version from Family Guy with Peter dressed as the cat.

"ooh I take, a-two steps forward"
"you take two steps back"
"...."
"Cause, I'm.Dressed like.A cat"

I can't remember any of NKOTB's songs (as in, hear them in my head). I guess that's a good thing. lol.

#15 ·
:lol:

What other sign of the apocalypse do you need?

Sad fact, that LP in the pic is mine. I got it for my birthday when I was, like, 10 or 11 or something. Thanks mum. Its mint, nearly unplayed condition is testament to my discovery of Van Halen around the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.