New Nevermore is out! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

New Nevermore is out!

Okay, so Tuesday I ran out and bought 'Enemies of Reality', the new Nevermore CD. Haven't stopped listening to it since.

It rips. The whole disc. I haven't had the itch to switch tracks like I did a few times with 'Dead Heart'.. The only down-point might be that Warrel Dane didn't use as much of his vocal range this time out.

Jeff Loomis must've had a great time making this, his playing is just insane, beyond anything they've done before. Pure shred. Not just the leads either, he's mastered the low B, and the riffing shows it. The only person in his league now-a-days is Trey from Morbid Angel, IMO.

If you ever liked this band, get this CD. If you like Progressive Metal, buy this CD. Just buy this CD! Best I could describe it is like a cross between 'Politics' and 'Dreaming', with 7 string shred.

I want to buy another copy and mail it to Metallica..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 01:08 AM

Re: New Nevermore is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Jeff Loomis must've had a great time making this, his playing is just insane
i'll second that. i've heard a few of the new tracks. sounds good to me!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 PM

Reviews: 2
awesome, im gonna check that out today, i love nevermore, one of my favorite bands and i think one of the purest, talented, and therefore best metal bands ever. i loved the poltics of ecstacy, cant wait to hear this. thanks for the heads up
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 02:42 AM

I'm still shocked I don't own this album yet. Nevermore are like my favorite band and Jeff Loomis is like my guitar god. I've only heard like 3 songs so far but its all ownage.
In my opinion. Nevermore is THE Metal band of today. This is what people need to hear more of.
And yes, please send a copy to Metallica.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 01:41 AM

Well, now have gotten this album. Easily (well, not easily...) my pick of Album of 2003 so far.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 11:00 PM

I heard the title track today. It's got some really cool leads on it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:56 AM

Just bought the CD last night.

There are some cool *moments*, cool solo's, but as a whole it's much of a muchness. Dreaming Neon Black in my opinion was much better, in that it sounded new and fresh to my ears.

It's a good album, with cool moments, but it's nothing that impressive (IMO).

wil..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Heh, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

As for EoR, it's taken the #2 spot in my list of Nevermore CDs, right after Politics. DNB was good, DHIADW had it's momemts, But PoE and EoR top my list... Guess it's because I like the agressive stuff.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:49 PM

hehehe

I prefer pop, like avril and stuff... LMAO (KIDDING!!!!)

Tags
jeff loomis , morbid angel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode