Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New tune online! : Unspoken Words

879 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AirGuitar 
#1 · (Edited)
New tune online! : Words Unspoken

I've been working on this for a while , and I'm pretty proud of the outcome! It's taken me since mid December to really nail what I wanted to do with it, and to mix it properly!

It's called Words Unspoken and you can download it or stream it from the first post on my website at http://Andrew.Williams.name.

It's a guitar instrumental (surprise surprise!) with a strong theme running all the way though it. There's a full description of all the gear used in the post, but to give you a quick idea, it was recorded with my Marshall JVM, BB Preamp, Maxon OD808 - all though the Palmer PDI-03 speaker sim.

Hope you guys like it!

#2 ·
It's cool but not my type of music.
Allow me to give you an advice =
Sometimes less is more.Besides doing 3 phases ,only a simple note bended or whatever will sound better than scales ups and downs.I felt in some passages a lot of notes only filling the space,no meaning to them,less notes with more feel will sound a lot better.
Still cool anyway.

#4 ·
Thanks for listening guys!

Fretrunnr,
That actually was my "less is more" approach :). My original demo actually had an extra solo with loads of wah and tapping and stuff, but I decided to remove it to tone it down a bit. I did try recording it with a strat too, but i just needed more power from the pickups.

vibetronic,
Good to know there's another ex-aber pupil on here :D Thanks for the comments! I was well happy with the tone on this recording too :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.