All us organizers are working our little butts off getting the final arrangements for Jemfest 2003 US!
Today, we have confirmed the Hotel. Previously, we stated the Hotel would be the Courtyard by Marriott WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. THIS IS NOT THE CASE ANYMORE. We are returning for a 3RD consecutive year at the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Orlando International Airport.
Why the change?
1. Cost - the Marriott rooms were $99 a night, the Holiday Inn rooms are $69 a night.
2. Transportation - FREE shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. Marriott could not offer that.
3. Larger ballroom - The ballroom at the Holiday Inn is 1000 square feet larger.
4. The Hotel Staff - We know them well and they know us well. They tolerate our music and loudness with pleasure.
5. Hooters - just across the parking lot.
6. T1 internet - Not hooked up yet, but it will be in 8 weeks, according to staff.
We'll post here when it's OK to make your reservation. We still have a contract to sign with them. I'll post the contact info when it's complete. A groupcode is required to get the special room rate.
2002 DVD status - excellent progress is being made even though I had to recapture the videos and remaster them. Screenshots on http://www.jemfest.com
T-shirts - We're designing them now, but if you have any suggestions we'd be happy to see them!
Lineup change - Getting so many bands to play is hard, especially when they're doing this for free. We understand that some bands may not be able to play and therefore we have backup plans. Here's the list AS IT STANDS TODAY. These are not in any particular order:
HEADLINER - JON FINN!
Date/Time - We are still on schedule for Friday, June 27th, 2003 and Saturday, June 28th, 2003. Time is yet TBD
I'd love to hear more of your suggestions to make Jemfest better. Please e-mail me through my profile if you wish.
Thanks and see you in Orlando!