Official Jemfest 2003 USA Thread - INFO HERE - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Official Jemfest 2003 USA Thread - INFO HERE

Hey everyone!

All us organizers are working our little butts off getting the final arrangements for Jemfest 2003 US!

Today, we have confirmed the Hotel. Previously, we stated the Hotel would be the Courtyard by Marriott WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. THIS IS NOT THE CASE ANYMORE. We are returning for a 3RD consecutive year at the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Orlando International Airport.

Why the change?
1. Cost - the Marriott rooms were $99 a night, the Holiday Inn rooms are $69 a night.
2. Transportation - FREE shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. Marriott could not offer that.
3. Larger ballroom - The ballroom at the Holiday Inn is 1000 square feet larger.
4. The Hotel Staff - We know them well and they know us well. They tolerate our music and loudness with pleasure.
5. Hooters - just across the parking lot.
6. T1 internet - Not hooked up yet, but it will be in 8 weeks, according to staff.

We'll post here when it's OK to make your reservation. We still have a contract to sign with them. I'll post the contact info when it's complete. A groupcode is required to get the special room rate.

2002 DVD status - excellent progress is being made even though I had to recapture the videos and remaster them. Screenshots on http://www.jemfest.com soon.

T-shirts - We're designing them now, but if you have any suggestions we'd be happy to see them!

Lineup change - Getting so many bands to play is hard, especially when they're doing this for free. We understand that some bands may not be able to play and therefore we have backup plans. Here's the list AS IT STANDS TODAY. These are not in any particular order:

Tony Smotherman
Ricky Garcia
German Schauss - NEW!
Piranha Red
Cereal Killer - NEW!
Scott Bradoka
Bill Peck - NEW!
Rob Balducci
Eric Sands
HEADLINER - JON FINN! - NEW!

Date/Time - We are still on schedule for Friday, June 27th, 2003 and Saturday, June 28th, 2003. Time is yet TBD.

I'd love to hear more of your suggestions to make Jemfest better. Please e-mail me through my profile if you wish.

Thanks and see you in Orlando!
Gabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 04:18 PM

hmmmmmmmm Hooters resturant
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
hmmmmmmmm Hooters resturant
Restaurant? Wha? They have FOOD there?
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 05:44 AM

Excellent!!

The hotel is GREAT! I like the place !!!

I had to book my flights allready in order not to pay a lot more so I hope the date will not change!
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 06:32 AM

Re: Official Jemfest 2003 USA Thread - INFO HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
ARTIST - TBD
ARTIST - TBD
dammit...

can someone lend me the return air fare???

--c.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:42 AM

Well folks, I am determined to come this year.
Am sitting tight on dates at the mo, as I am going to try and get there and back as cheap as poss, and not worry about which days I fly, as long as i am there for the days of the gig.

So spare international sound engineer will be in the house, so a bit of relief for Bob (I take it you are doing it again).

Seems that hotel is a bit pricey! Maybe the $15 motel down the road may be an option!

Anyway, as they say......"with bells on"

See ya in the US of A

Pete
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpete
so a bit of relief for Bob

That may put him off his work
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Seems that hotel is a bit pricey! Maybe the $15 motel down the road may be an option!
Every year people will split the costs and room together. I'm sure we can work something out for you.

Quote:
Anyway, as they say......"with bells on"

See ya in the US of A

Pete
Cool! See you there!
Gabe
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Re: Official Jemfest 2003 USA Thread - INFO HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman
Quote:
ARTIST - TBD
ARTIST - TBD
dammit...

can someone lend me the return air fare???

--c.
We have contacted the artists and we're just waiting on a response. One will probably be a return artist and the other someone new. I can't guarantee we can get these artists in, but we also have backup plans.

None the less we have a wonderful lineup as it stands now!

Gabe
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:41 PM

How close are we to having these dates confirmed?
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibanez
Dates are confirmed. June 27th and 28th.

Gabe
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibanez
Dates are confirmed. June 27th and 28th.

Gabe
puuuhhhh!!!
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Good News! We just confirmed yesterday that the one and only JON FINN will be headlining Jemfest 2003 US!!!!!

We also have a few more changes to the lineup. German Schauss will be performing at his first Jemfest! We have a feeling this will be a GREAT show. Cereal Killer is back in the lineup! Bill Peck will be returning again! Woo Hoo!

We did lose a few from the lineup though... Rusty Cooley will be unable to make it due to a family commitment. We'll miss you Rusty! Taylor Gray is unable to make the trip over. Hopefully he will play at Jemfest 2003 UK. Course of Evolution is unable to attend, but expect them to return in 2004.

We think this new lineup is set and ready. We'll have a breakdown on the schedule of who is playing on what day!

Thanks,
Gabe
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 02:14 PM

oh yes there shall be rock....

oh yes!
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 03:25 PM

Simon, is the BMC scheduled to play too? I really want to see it in person.

Tags
andy martin , backing track , bob oakman , eric sands , jack butler , john petrucci , ricky garcia , rob balducci , rusty cooley , steve morse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode