OMG I AM AN IDIOT, READ THIS - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

OMG I AM AN IDIOT, READ THIS

Ok, so i went to the G3 show in Winston-Salem on Oct. 28th. I entered to win backstage passes on satriani.com and vai.com. I checked my email tuesday morning to see no emails, so i thought, "ohh well". Today I just checked my email, and to my "heart stopping" surprise, there was a message that I had won the Aftershow passes from Vai.com. In the message, it said sorry for the last minute notice. Needless to say, I freaking hate myself to no end now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 09:29 PM

That sucks.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 02:01 PM

Whilst I would like to offer some wise advice....

....OMG that's sickening!!!!

UGGGHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh.......

If you listen real close, you can hear the sound of my head and heart simultaneously breaking into a million shards. I'll say it again:

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh.......

Now if good old empathic me feels like that, how must you feel??

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh.. .......

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 05:56 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: OMG I AM AN IDIOT, READ THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscec
Ok, so i went to the G3 show in Winston-Salem on Oct. 28th. I entered to win backstage passes on satriani.com and vai.com. I checked my email tuesday morning to see no emails, so i thought, "ohh well". Today I just checked my email, and to my "heart stopping" surprise, there was a message that I had won the Aftershow passes from Vai.com. In the message, it said sorry for the last minute notice. Needless to say, I freaking hate myself to no end now
foolish for sure but guess what .... you really DID NOT miss much

the aftershow is akin to a "cattle herd" and often joe splits out the backdoor or at best grins at you while distantly autographing something. vai is a little better but it's not like you missed having them over for thanksgiving dinner ...glen
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

well, that makes me feel alittle better. I've met Joe before, but never Vai, which is really what I'm mad at myself over.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 06:07 PM

Reviews: 3
Yeah aftershow for me was Joe doing the typical musician thing of babbling about various thoughts on music and life (think of when you were in a band how you told all your fans after the gig how and why you were different than all the other Metallica cover bands). Lots of people taking pictures and saying how Steve/Joe are their idols and inspire them, blah blah blah. All you really missed is a possible snapshot, handshake and autograph. I know that's a lot for some, but not worth kicking yourself over. You didn't miss out on getting to play Chromeboy or sleeping with Pia, I mean, well, um.... you get my point. :P
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 09:55 PM

ok...well cover you point

you could hurt someone with that thing
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 12:42 AM

I had passes for the Chronicle Pavilion show, and all I have to say is... these guys downplaying the value of it are just letting you down easy! Cattle herd or no, it was the experience of my life! Satch and Vai were amicable and pleasant, and just really down to earth. How often do you get the chance to say "thanks" to a hero, much less two of them?

So... sorry! If you really want passes, wait until they come around again. There are ways, I've heard...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehYam
I had passes for the Chronicle Pavilion show, and all I have to say is... these guys downplaying the value of it are just letting you down easy! Cattle herd or no, it was the experience of my life! Satch and Vai were amicable and pleasant, and just really down to earth. How often do you get the chance to say "thanks" to a hero, much less two of them?

So... sorry! If you really want passes, wait until they come around again. There are ways, I've heard...
Indeed, there are ways... some guy was trying to buy my ticket before the show... At the aftershow... he was back there. How in the hell? Not only that, but he said, "Steve!! My name's EVO! Just like your guitar!!!"

The same guy asked Yngwie what Europeans thought of US music... Yngwie replied by saying he has lived here for the past 21 years.

When giving his address to someone who took a picture of him and Yngwie using the other guy's camera, he said, "My name's Evo, just like Jay Satriani's guitar."

It's cool as hell to see your favorites in person... but not so fun dealing with the people who are just blatant @$$ holes or people who are too drunk and shouldn't be there. Joe did however sign a trem cover for me somewhat at a distance... kinda funny : )
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

yea, Ive met Satch before. He is a very cool, and down to earth guy. But I REALLY wanted to meet Steve. Oh well, Ill probably get another chance one day.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 03:21 PM

Reviews: 4
Well, from my experience, you can just wait at the exit and meet almost as many (or more) band members than with the aftershow passes. The time out with John Petrucci, Satch's band didn't show. This last time, Satch and YJM didn't show and many members were AWOL.

I agree, the short notice bites, but beggars can't really be choosers!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Hey, a friend of mine saw Yngwie's tour bus parked at the Waffel House
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 12:03 AM

well, call me idiot #2 because I won an aftershow pass, but for the wrong show....lol. I accidentally posted on the wrong attendance thread....doh!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 10:44 AM

lol gutted for you dude
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios
well, call me idiot #2 because I won an aftershow pass, but for the wrong show....lol. I accidentally posted on the wrong attendance thread....doh!
I saw that

I wondered why you had won one for Monday

Bad luck Carlo

see you at 5 pm

Tags
john petrucci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode