Opeth - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Opeth

Opeth played in Toronto last night (Jan 24th) anybody here see the show as a few people I noticed are from the Toronto area. I missed the show due to the weather. I really dig the new album.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 06:57 PM

YES!! Dude, that was one of the best shows I've seen yet!! There's more info on the Opeth forum, but this is how it went:

first, they wouldn't let us in for like 20 mins after 8 and it was so cold outside I was literally shivering. First band wasn't bad, forgot the name...they were playing some cheap Ibanezes. Then Tapping The Vein went on....they blew. Their singer was sick and really didnt sound that good. I heard people shouting "Play some metal!" and "Slaaaaayyeerrr!". lol Then Paradise Lost went on after a 45 min delay. They really bored me. Songs sounded repetitive and too long. but then...

Opeth hit the stage! They played 9 songs (yes, Demon Of The Fall too ) and they totally made up for suffering through the 3 hours of crap before. At one point, Mikael looked in my direction (everyone else was staring at girls crowdsurfing) and I gave him the metal sign (whats it called anyway?) at which point he pointed at me Then at the end of the show I got to shake hands with Mikael and Peter and even got a pick from where Mikael was playing

my neck still hurts :P
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Oh man!!! I'm so mad that I didn't get to go. Eevrytime a show comes up I miss it for some lame reason. That's cool that Mikeal looked in your direction and you got shake his hand. He's a great guitar player, I was surprised to see that his main guitars are the PRS. I've always heard that the Paul Reed Smith is a nice guitar. I just got my copy of Deliverance the day before the show. Man I wish I could have went. Thanks for the show review dude, you rock. True Metal man!! I remember Paradise were like death metal in the day when I was younger, now they;re like this kind of Depressed Metallica, it doesn't work for them at all. Disappointing to say the least.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 07:32 PM

yeah, they both played PRS's through Marshall full stacks. Peter had a gorgeous one with red-to-black burst

Mikael also said they'll see us on the Damnation tour in the spring, so you might have another chance
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Nice!! I hope so. I can't wait to hear the Damnation tour. Thanks Yurich. By the way do you own any jem or UV is so which one. Would Steve's music be any help in tracking down some older Jem/UV?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 12:27 AM

I dont but I will I saw a 7VWH at Steve's once, but they move their stock pretty quickly. you might wanna ask around Jemsite for more help on that..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 05:44 PM

Cool, I'll be seeing Opeth in Seattle on 5/1. Do you happen to remember the setlist?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 10:23 PM

this was it:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godheads Lament
Credence
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
Demon of The Fall(encore)

but, my guess is they'll have a few songs from Damnation as well...I really hope there will be more N.America dates after the Lacuna Coil tour, cause they did promise to come back here

Tags
death metal , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode