Pantera Behind The Music - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Pantera Behind The Music

Just got done watching this and I got to say its one of the best of that series.

Awesome and it was done excellent, amazing they showed the footage they did of the night Dimebag died.

If you get a chance to see it do so..

www.thetradersden.com has a torrent some one made for dvd..

RIP Dimebag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:44 PM

Re: Pantera Behind The Music

Yeah I caught part of that. Not a big Pantera fan, but found it interesting.
Pretty cool all the muscians that showed up for his funeral with EVH putting a guitar in his KISS coffin.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:10 AM

man dude I agree with it being the best, like the ending was probably the saddest part, like everyone can like pantera, hell my mom likes pantera! There was alot of stuff in there I did not know, another cool thing you should get is dimevision. at a price of 15$ why the hell not! I bought it, and u should too!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore
Yeah I caught part of that. Not a big Pantera fan, but found it interesting.
Pretty cool all the muscians that showed up for his funeral with EVH putting a guitar in his KISS coffin.
Didn't Eddie put his VHII in Dimebag's coffin?

Regards

André

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 08:32 AM

That was definitely a good one. I learned alot about Pantera that I didn't know. Thanks for letting us all know about it!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 10:22 AM

ah, dude, just watched this.... brought back a lot of memorys, good and bad, i defenatly owe a lot to dime, i mean if it wasnt for him id still be happy with playing guitar in my room and wouldnt be studdying music... but on the flip side id probally drink less

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Didn't Eddie put his VHII in Dimebag's coffin?
yeah he did man. now thats a humbling thought isnt it

thanks for pointing this out dude!

Get'cha Pull!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 7

I seen and recorded it recently. Great behind the music, but still just as heart breaking at the end as the day he was murdered. I remember someone saying in it that if someone told him that he was going to be buried with that guitar he would've said "kill me now" which is a great representation of his personalty and great sense of humor. Definately my biggest influence, R.I.P. Dime. I never forget to have a Blacktooth Grin on both his B-day and December 8th.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 AM

Pantera is my favorite band EVER! Great attitude, great live performances ("Domination" on monsters of rock....ahhhhh great memories.......), great songs, great solos...PERFECT band.

Dime was the guitarist that made me start playing guitar. Those squeals and solos are the best thing I've ever heard. He IS (Was is wrong) a great source of inspiration for me and countless guitarists.

R.I.P. Dime
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 AM

Yeah, though it was sad at times, I enjoyed watching it, RIP Dimebag.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. S
ah, dude, just watched this.... brought back a lot of memorys, good and bad, i defenatly owe a lot to dime, i mean if it wasnt for him id still be happy with playing guitar in my room and wouldnt be studdying music... but on the flip side id probally drink less

yeah he did man. now thats a humbling thought isnt it

thanks for pointing this out dude!

Get'cha Pull!
Yeah it was very nice of Ed to do that, would also be nice if Ed could sober up and do a new VH album .

Regards

André

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 05:29 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Yeah it was very nice of Ed to do that, would also be nice if Ed could sober up and do a new VH album .

Regards

André
+1 and maybe a dime tribute solo, that would be awesome!

Tags
playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode