Performance of my original track "Green Mist" - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, check out my latest upload! Let me know what you think. Would anyone be interested in a video lesson on how to play this? https://youtu.be/Lau3hymIsBU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 03:42 AM

Reviews: 10
Re: Performance of my original track "Green Mist"

That was excellent - I really enjoyed that! Nice tone, phrasing and technique (especially with the bar - tastefully done!) I need to buy your album... and I am always interested in video lessons - youtube is my go-to place for lessons I am also curious - did you record an amp or was that amp software?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Hey Dorian thanks very much I may well put a lesson up in that case. It just seems that the appetite for original stuff and lessons is less than for gear reviews, judging by the number of views I am gaining on different videos.

The majority of this sound is the Carvin Legacy 3, but I did simultaneously record via DI box and use an amp sim on that signal. I layered both signals. The amp sim signal is not very gainy, it just adds a bit of size and thickness to the sound ala Shawn Lane's quad-amp set up, and other stereo set ups. I recorded the amp dry and added stereo delay afterwards in Cubase - that's hardly noticeable but again just adds a width to the sound I'm pleased with the resulting tone!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:11 PM

Sounds great! Nice piano playing too! What amp sim did you use?

I just bought your album - sounds great so far!!! =) Cool album cover too - who did the album cover art work?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I used BIAS FX, got it on the Christmas sales )

Thanks very much for the support always nice to get a download never mind a purchase! A Bulgarian guy called Zhivko who I found by putting up a contest on 99designs. People compete on your brief for your money, and I ended up doing a 1-on-1 style project with this guy because his work was considerably better than others' The only thing I positively hated about the 99designs experience in contest form was the fact that you had to reject or ignore so many people, and they get REALLY butthurt about it. Not a nice experience for a person who isn't very nasty xD
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 06:09 PM

I've heard BIAS FX is good - you've definitely captured some very nice tones on the album. I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I really like what I've heard so far and will listen to the rest tonight - looking forward to it!
Hopefully others on this forum will take notice and spread the good word about your music =)
BTW - I was also checking out your youtube channel and I love your 2 J-Custom guitars!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

The album is entirely recorded via PodFarm2! Not a real amp in sight xD I don't have the studio capacity to record amps in a suitable fashion for an album

Thanks again I'm trying to expand my channel as a means partly of promoting my music... Writing and recording it all is far easier than getting anyone to listen to it :P
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:11 PM

Oh, I see, so you didn't use the Carvin Legacy 3 and BIAS FX on the album at all - the album was all PodFarm2 and the Carvin and BIAS were just for the youtube video? That's even more impressive that you got all the album tones out of PodFarm2...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 01:11 PM

Nice tune and playing.

I would never have guessed you used PodFarm2. Perhaps your playing expertise surpasses the guitar tone, which isn't bad by any measure, and diminishes its importance. You might have heard already, but Line 6 just announced Helix Native. There would be a discount for you since you have PodFarm2. Might want to check it out.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstack View Post
I would never have guessed you used PodFarm2. Perhaps your playing expertise surpasses the guitar tone, which isn't bad by any measure, and diminishes its importance.
well said
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 02:18 PM

I've been listening to your album a lot lately Craig - really well done man!

Metamorphosen, Passing Storm and the Four Horsemen are my fave tunes right now but I like every song on the album.

I'm assuming you played bass on the album. I'm curious about the drums - what did you use for drums?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode