Phoenix, AZ - ... Celebrity Theater - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ - ... Celebrity Theater

Is there anyone from this forum going for this show next week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 06:05 PM

Phoenix, AZ

I wouldn't mind it, how much are the tix? WHere? What date? I didn't even hear about it on the radio for some reason.

Let me know.

thanks,
js
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ

It's on Tuesday... it has not received any press locally (I'm a bit pissed) but I'm not surprised 'coz I don't even know what stations play Vai/Satch and stuff. It's definitely not on the KUPD concert list.

The gig is next Tuesday, June 26 at the Celebrity Theater at 7pm (or something). Tickets cost ~$45. I don't know if there are seats left but I should think so.

Hope to see you there.

~Donovan
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ

JS,

I just checked ticketmaster and there are still tix available. However, I suggest going to the box office to get them.

Oh.. another thing... there are $27 tix as well... and the Celeb Theater has all good seats anywhere in the ring.

~Donovan
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 10:24 PM

Phoenix, AZ

I was planning (for 2 months!) to go to the Vegas show. Drive up tomorrow (saturday) party with a friend there all weeend and hit the H.O.B. for G-3 Sunday, then drive back Monday. "Ain't gunna happen", we're playin' the Mason Jar tonight, then I gotta work all weekend :argue: so I'll be there tuesday. I just live down the street on Van Buren & the 202, so I can stumble home in awe if need be!!
I can't believe they have NO press here. I'm friends with Tosh from KDKB and I haven't even heard him talk it up.
*Oh well, I'd actually prefer it to be a little intimate, just hope the crowd is enough to psych our boys up!!
G.M.
* btw, If you guys aren't doing aything, drop by the Jar tonight. We'll be headlining about 11:30 or so. It's "The Crue" Motley tribute. Thanks
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ

I've got pretty good seats to the show too... I'm 3 rows back... on the aisle that the artists come to the stage... yeah. Have the meet and greet passes been handed out yet?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 03:57 AM

Phoenix, AZ

I still haven't gotten my ticket yet, I had one for Vegas but it's going to someone else now. I don't know about the meet & greet. If I hear anything I'll let you know. i've never been to the Celebrity. I hear it's a great place to see a show!

G.M.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 03:44 AM

Phoenix, AZ

I got my ticket today (yesteday now), at the boxoffice. They are almost sold-out. The best I could do for a single ticket was section B7 *row 10 seat 1, which is upstairs on the isle. They said no seat is more than 75 feet from the stage, so it should be cool. Also, the show is "in the round" on a revolving stage.

From the Reno review thread, it looks like we're in for a great night!!!

G.M.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 04:01 PM

Phoenix, AZ

Well, I'll be there. *The Celebrity is a great place for intimate shows, and the stage is big enough for a decent performance.

I'm concerned about the amount of equipment that they're going to have to pile onto that stage. For the last G3 tour three band's worth of stuff at the start of the show meant that for half the time, as the stage rotated around, you were staring at the back of a mountain of equipment. *They removed equipment as the night went on, but there was still a load of stuff in the way. *Of course, a lot of that equipment was Robert Fripp's mess of synthesizers, so at least that won't be there this time.

Watching the stage changes between performers should be an exciting show in itself tonight.

I like to say the Celebrity Theatre has "fantastic seats" and "unbelievably great seats." *I've been in the back row of that place before, and it's still a wonderful view. *Well, it's a wonderful view when the stage isn't facing away from you. *Even then, the PA is flown above the stage in a circle, so at least you can hear things just fine even when the stage is facing away.

Joe played there on the Engines tour, and commented something along the lines of "This is always a weird gig. *It's the dramamine venue."

Watch for this - no matter WHERE you're sitting in Celebrity Theatre, the stage will always rotate away from you just before the coolest guitar solo of the night. It just works that way, not matter what section you're in. *

Bill
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001, 09:27 PM

Phoenix, AZ

Yuppers, I'll be there tonight! Very excited! Bringing along my one guitar student. He thinks I'm a good player! Heeheeheehee....!!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:51 AM

Phoenix, AZ

How was it?

BTW, do you guys gig around this dust bowl? I don't get out much, but I might if there's a Jemsiter playing.

js
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ

Guys... best show ever!! Petrucci rocked!!! Great solo stuff from him.

Hey did any of you guys who were there hear that our ticket stubs tonight could get us into U-Fest 1 as well. Can anyone confirm?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 03:51 AM

Phoenix, AZ

Yes, John Scher, the promoter of both shows, announced during the guitar raffle that the G3 ticket stubs are good for free admission to U-fest! Pretty dang cool of him! BTW, the raffle raised $9000 dollars, but I'm so tired I can't remember what the proceeds were going to. The show was AWESOME!!!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Phoenix, AZ

Awesome.... so anyone here going for ufest?

BTW the proceeds from the auction go to Alice Cooper's charity.

I would have paid $9000 myself for a signed EVO
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 05:14 PM

Phoenix, AZ

*Man O Man, what a night!!! Totally rippin' sets by all 3. It seemed John was having a little trouble with his rig, the lead tone kept going clean on him, but he played straight through it and sounded great doing those fast leads clean.
*Vai was awe-inspiring, to say the least. His hair is getting long again, and standing in front of a fan it was flying about 2 feet in the air! Looked cool.
* Satch was Satch, what can you say! He made the comment again about the revolving stage making him sea-sick, got a big laugh!
* The encores gave me chills. Seeing Sheehan and Stu rockin' back & forth while the 3 gods traded leads was unreal!
* Now for the best part, after the show I got to meet them. I asked Steve if he knew about Jemsite and he said yes. I asked him to stop by here sometime when he gets a minute, and check out the forum. I told him his biggest fans are here, and we would love to hear from him. I mentioned that he should email Glen, because someone has most likely already got his name as their Username. If anyone else meets him on this tour, please mention Jemsite to him, he really did seem interested.
* After that I got him, Mike K, Petrucci, & Sheehan to sign my JEM77DY, and Steve signed an old DLR tour book for me, and I got a picture of him & I with my Jem.
* All in all one of the best nights of my life.....
* * *Don't Miss It This Year!!!!!

G.M. *

edit= spelling

(Edited by wyzenhymer at 2:19 pm on June 27, 2001)

Tags
robert fripp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode