Picking Trainer - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Picking Trainer

Do you guys now where I can find a trainer for improving you picking speed? I know theres gotta be one around somewhere, online or downloadable or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 05:04 AM

Re: Picking Trainer

i think it's called a metronome...
you can get a few of these online.

I improved my picking greatly thanks to that recently (speed is slightly better but I am sharper for sure)

I got one that is free and pretty good: el metronomo definitivo

even though the name is spanish the gui is english.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 AM

http://www.guitarspeed.com/
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 PM

instructional videos by Frank Gambale on picking are rather good apparently
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 PM

I have a special guitar pick that a friend of mine gave me several years ago that has a tip that has a "threshold" on it. If you pick with just the very tip of this pick, you're fine. If you use "too much" of the pick to pick the strings, the pick will catch on the string and you won't be able pick the note. I forgot the name of this pick, but it's in my guitar case somewhere.

It's pretty hard to use, and I'm not entirely sure if it really adds much to your ability or picking speed, but it is an option.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 03:30 PM

I just remembered that it was called the Dunlop Stylus Pick.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

hmmm yeah, I have all of Franks vids (one of my favs) but I got no books.... so I cant play along with them. That is kinda what im looking for though.

Kinda like a metronome that gets faster every certain amount of clicks, than gradually gets slower.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 02:13 AM

you could give the "metronomo Definitivo" a chance then!

sorry i can't be of any help with Frank's tabs...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon8822 View Post
hmmm yeah, I have all of Franks vids (one of my favs) but I got no books.... so I cant play along with them. That is kinda what im looking for though.

Kinda like a metronome that gets faster every certain amount of clicks, than gradually gets slower.
Guitarspeed is something you should look at.

You create a profile of your playing first by following some exercises. Than based on your profile you have to follow exercises which are matched to your current speed, and than a little bit faster and back to normal. You can also "program" your own exercises and set the speed.

While i find the pre-made exercises a little to boring, the idea behind the program is great. And since you can make your own the exercises are limitless.

Tags
frank gambale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode