Play your own SOLO, Part 1 - Download the back and have a go - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-16-2001, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Play your own SOLO, Part 1 - Download the back and have a go

Here it is. It is a funky part that has two sections...

The A part Switches back and forth between C7 and Eb7

The Bridge goes between C11 and Bb11 and ends with a G7 #5#9

Have fun, and do your worst !! Im looking forward at hearing all of your solos... *To bad i cant play myself yet... * It is a bit long, and varies alittle over time. Feel free to cut where you like. Also, the quality is not exactly the best, but i think it's good enough... And yes, it's me on keyboard your hearing in the background hehehe

http://hem.passagen.se/twaggot/FunkyStuff.mp3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-17-2001, 10:38 PM

Play your own SOLO, Part 1

I'm working on one.

*bump*

-Justin
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 10:08 AM

Hey thanks a lot, I really like the backing track, it's really nice and well....funky Reminds me of Jeff Beck stuff...but I prefer the Greg Howe Ritchie Kotzen brand of funk fushion...don't we all

I've already started playing out some melodies in my head, see what I can come up with. But mind you I haven't been practicing at all...this piece is a big motivation for me!

Thanks a whole bunch for posting!

Chris.

P.S. It's going to be pretty interesting how everyone's version is going to sound.
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 03:01 PM

Great track Jay!I'll try something over it and upload it later.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 07:45 PM

I'm swamped with homework this week. I'm probably not going to get mine up for a while...

-Justin
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Im glad yo u liked it Chris and rosskoss. Ill make more as the time floats by. Right now my wrist is getting a bit better, but i feel that i will have to rest at least one week more before i pick upp the guitar again. *sob* You cant really understand what you've got till its gone... * (my beloved strat, that is )
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 08:21 PM

Here goes. Hope you like it.

All constructive criticism welcomed and appreciated.

A couple things of note...
1.) This was done for someone who wanted to hear me play. I had the track nearby, so I figured, why not? And that explains the extra wanking at the end. ... I will record a special Jemsite solo soon. Be on the lookout.

2.) I can't figure out why the backing track sounds so crappy. I had no control over the quality of the track upon export. Cool Edit Pro sucks.

EDIT: I figured out how to mix down the waves. Cool Edit Pro DOESN'T suck. I do! LOL :laugh:

-Justin

(Edited by sixstringphoenix at 9:24 pm on Sep. 22, 2001)
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:43 PM

Wow, justin, good job! *That was cool. *I loved how you ended it :biggrin:
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 10:45 PM

:laugh: Thanks!

-Justin
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 03:02 AM

Ok.

After listening to this a bunch and deciding that my half-sick brain was in no mood to write a melody, I just screwed around improv'ing over it enough until I got a take where I didn't totally flub every 5 seconds and kept it.

It's far from perfect or not even really good, but whatever hehe. I guess that's the beauty of improv; it's spontaneus.

There's some obvious flubs on it, and I know about them, so don't point'em out. :P

This was recorded while I was in a chat with Jay, Kevan and Andy. So give me brownie points for distractions. :biggrin:

Anyway, here it is aptly titled I suck.
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 3:02 am on Sep. 25, 2001
It's far from perfect or not even really good, but whatever hehe.
Pfft. It's real cool. :thumbsup: Sounds like Jeff Beck at some parts too! And at others... Damn, that is some clean picking!!

-Justin

(Edited by sixstringphoenix at 6:51 am on Sep. 25, 2001)
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 01:05 PM

Thanks man.

I probably should've waited till I wasn't sick, but what the hell, I wanted to do it anyway hehe. Maybe I'll redo it when I kick this flu.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 02:05 PM

Ya know, this just crossed my mind. Shouldn't this be in the "Multimedia" section? I know it's kinda theory, but it's audio too.. hrm.

Tough call.
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 02:26 PM

"Far from perfect!?" *Yeah right! *That was really good jeffrey. *Very tasteful and your technique sounded dead on.
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 02:40 PM

Jeffery:
I like it. *Especially the intervals. *A lot of twist and turns. *
Out,
Gregory

Tags
alesis quadraverb , backing track , blue voodoo , crate blue voodoo , dunlop crybaby , jeff beck , korg dtr , neck humbucker , rivera tbr , rocktron hush , stomp box , tone zone , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode