Please Listen To This Demo - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Please Listen To This Demo

Well, I've got a new demo up on my MP3.com site, and I thought I'd post a link on here and hopefully some people will give a listen and post a comment.

So, give a listen and post a comment

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/623/eleven59.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:18 PM

I like ur ideas! although i am not an alternative fan but u need to work out ur voice! btw whats an alternative artist doing in jemsite???
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 PM

I actually really like it :P
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 08:49 PM

not bad man, got potential

could you list gear used. i.e. axe and FX.

Steve
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Right sorry, posted in a hurry last time

(for the "Demo")

Guitar:
Squire Affinity Strat ('97 model) w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in bridge spot (this is a surprising comfortable and good sounding guitar)

Amp:
Line6 Flextone II (60-watt, 1x12)

Settings:
Intro:
Line6 Clean (a couple different EQ settings layered)
Modern Class A (relatively low-gain)
Line6 Layer (kinda low-gain-y)

Distortions:
Rectified2 (a couple different EQ settings panned all over)

Lead:
Modern Class A (high gain, but with lots of volume pedal manipulation)

Recorded through an Apex mic through my Tascam US-122 into my laptop using Cubasis VST (bundled version), a little EQ/reverb in there too.

And as for my voice, yea, I know it needs work I'm a songwriter/musician, but not much of a singer
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 05:44 AM

it's pretty cool, I'm digging it.....even though the rhythm and strumming pattern seems really really typical and loose. But around 2min it got a lil more interesting.

I'd ease of the gain there though, that's just too much for my ears.

Some parts sound like the Nerf Herder Buffy theme.....but it could be just me...hehe Buffy rocks....so the tune is cool.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Yea, I see what you mean about the Buffy theme It's a good thing I muted most of the lead work I did (was originally all the way through the demo), cuz it sounded even more like it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 10:37 AM

Sounding really good, I must say.. I enjoy listening to it. Will sound even better with some kickass drums added .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 11:04 AM

its a cool idea for a song i guess , but at the moment quite boring to listen to imo , but its got potential for sure! , add some cheesy lead in to make it an instrumental song , or some vocals or something, cause atm its not a 'proper' song imo
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Yea, like I said, this was just a demo to test out recording with Cubasis, and getting this idea down. Drums will be added eventually (along with bass, as there is none now) and vocals probably, but those'll wait until I buy a bass, or find a bassist, drummer, and singer to help out. Since I can't figure out how to create a drum track in 6/8 since all I have is Fruity Loops.

Tags
dimarzio super distortion , fruity loops , sounding guitar , super distortion , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode