Ibanez JEM Forum banner

plz Review my new instrumental Indian groove!

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jeff l 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I listened to a bit of it, but it was taking too long to download so i didn't bother downloading the whole thing.

To be honest, i didn't care much for the tinny sounding fake sitar and tabla sounds. And i think you're playing too many notes right off the start. Try developing a melodic theme first, then ripping into it later.

But that's just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...

#5 ·
Thx for ur review :wink: ! actually there is a basic theme in the begining and the end of the instrumental, as for the middle section its all improvised, and i had a weird approach, something which might be disturbing at 1st, not too many people liked it, and they all criticised the speedy approach, i was actually experimenting with an unorthodox approach in soloing, i got other instrumentals, and they are completely different, i'll upload them as soon as i finish recording. now for the speedy approach u could notice that its chopped into fragments, its not like a non stop run, these are small melodic ideas that includes fast pickings! and i tell u again, this project is weird and exotic and i wana c peoples reaction to it! :)

#6 ·
I didn't really listen to it long enough to hear the whole thing. Partly because the download speed was so slow, and partly because i just didn't care for what i heard.

If you want to get more reviews, i might suggest putting your MP3s up where people can download them more quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.