Post Rock Experimental Track! Critique Needed ;) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Rock Experimental Track! Critique Needed ;)

Hey Guys!

This was composed with a couple of a friends a couple days back. Post-rockish experimental. Experimented quite a bit on the tones. Rough mix as of now, and a lot of improvisations! Would love to hear critiques on tones and composition.

http://soundcloud.com/arnabsaha/nmnl-demo

Thanks,
Arnab

EDIT: and yeah, I think we would be adding vocals hopefully!

Last edited by arnab; 07-25-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 04:21 PM

Re: Post Rock Experimental Track! Critique Needed ;)

Hey Arnab,

Good to hear some more of your work, thoughts? Well, I really liked the parts as separate musical pieces but am struggling to put them together. The slow mixing of one into the other works less for me than a more sudden drop out - appreciate this is a rough mix though so maybe you have plans for that element.

The bit I REALLY like was the quieter second sectio; tone there is real nice and reminds me a little of Pink Floyd and of course, Gilmour. That's good in my book and don't worry, it still sounds your work.

The distorted tone was also good in it's own right and the riff works nice - it's again how they are linked which gets me (and maybe you) thinking..

Hope this helps,
R
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Hey Rob,

Thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I agree with the parts not really sounding a whole together and we would be working on it. This was over a few hours one evening, will definitely rework and put it out. And thanks for the floyd comparison, we love floyd and gilmour!

More stuff soon..
Thanks again,
Arnab
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 AM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
Well, I really liked the parts as separate musical pieces but am struggling to put them together. The slow mixing of one into the other works less for me than a more sudden drop out
I will concur with this. In my head it sounds like it should even be 2 separate songs. I definitely dig the heaviness of the intro/outro, kind of a Deftones feel. I like the tone and feel of the middle section, which maybe could be a song of its own perhaps?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 AM

Reviews: 15

duplicate post
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
I will concur with this. In my head it sounds like it should even be 2 separate songs. I definitely dig the heaviness of the intro/outro, kind of a Deftones feel. I like the tone and feel of the middle section, which maybe could be a song of its own perhaps?
I also think there's enough energy and melody in the two parts to split them and make two different songs - maybe augmenting each part with a couple of new ideas would create two quite cool and distinct songs..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM

hey arnab !! greetings from Bangladesh ..
I liked your idea of the music , but as robbiano said the same distorted intro and outro somehow felt like being forced into the track , u can add more ideas and try linking them to the piece so that it doesnt feel odd
and at 04:21 -04-31 the guitar notes didn't feel right with the backing , try some m/M7th chords in the backing , that will make it sound outside !!

Tags
experimental , ibanez , post rock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode