Primus Sucks Once Again... (or the return of a great band!) - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Primus Sucks Once Again... (or the return of a great band!)

That's right...the original lineup is back with a new album and tour! Les, Herb and my 2nd favorite Satch alumni...Larry.

http://www.primussucks.com/animals/

I've got my tickets for the Denver show...it's the day after G3, and at the same venue! It'll be a busy week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:50 PM

That is going to just rule!
A while back when Tim's other band "Laundry" played here I got to sit down and chat with him. Great guy and very nice. Back then he seemed to really be trying to distance himself from Primus. I''m very happy he's back.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 04:20 PM

I was just thinking, Primus is one band I wish I could have seen live...
Looks like they're coming to DC in November!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 10:06 AM

Sweet!!

That CD/DVD sounds like it will be really cool
I can't wait!

Primus wasn't primus without Larry and Herb the ginseng drummer

wil..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 03:02 PM

YOU CAN'T CALL HIM HERB ANYMORE!

Got tix at the sf/warfield on halloween. yeah baby! I do, however, fear for my life, even though i've taken the being-in-the-balcony precautions...

~A
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 01:12 PM

So, has anyone out there picked up the DVD yet?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 01:55 PM

Allright, I've picked up the DVD, and its realy, realy cool. As it says, all of the videos, plus plenty of live footage. There is one live segment where the audio is a couple of seconds behind the video, which is very very annoying. This is a problem in only one of the live segments though.

Also, I was just looking around the Primus website, and found that you can download (for the cost of a CD) entire shows from their most recent tour! I've never seen a major band do this except for Phish. I picked up the show from last halloween, and the sound quality is realy good. This looks like it has potential, I can think of many times when I've seen a band and wished I could have a recording of the show.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

I downloaded the Denver show that I went to...a very nice souvenir!

Pearl Jam did the same thing for their entire last tour: you could purchase each full show and then download it. They also sent a complete pro-quality CD of the show with a set-list. Pretty cool!

Tags
pearl jam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode