Problem finding a store with the DVD - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Problem finding a store with the DVD

Hey there,

Does anyone living in the Fort Lauderdale Florida area know where to get the new DVD? Everyone I called never even heard of Vai, I went to Best Buy, Boarders, and some place in the mall. Boarders actually said they may not have it for a month, so their useless to me now. I can order it online I know, but I want to see it now.

I can't imagine who would have it... guitar center doesn't have it. I actually had to spell out VAI for the guy at guitar center, but thats Florida for you, land of clueless people.

Thanks to anyone who can help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 08:15 PM

Don't feel bad....

I'm surprised people at Guitar Center had to be spelled V.A.I. ...thats almost depressing, who knows... maybe the Korn was cranked up so loud, he couldn't here you.

I was told by my distributor just as I walked out the door that my shipment of 5 copies that is coming tomorrow will be my last.....

I ordered 10 copies this week..... my distributor (who is one of the worlds biggest) said I was 1 of 2 stores they service in the mid-west who pre- ordered the DVD.

They are dropping it do to poor sales.

Hey, I'm trying to get my customers to expand their minds past Linkin Park... but its hard.

The 30+ year old guys have a much more open mind to try new music..... the kids have 3 bands they'll listen to.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 02:47 AM

I would try smaller music-only chains. I picked mine up at a small chain up here. Either that, or just order it. By the time you hunt it down...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:19 AM

Re: Problem finding a store with the DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777vbk
guitar center doesn't have it. I actually had to spell out VAI for the guy at guitar center, but thats Florida for you, land of clueless people.
that's strange...I called about 50 music stores in Toronto, and not ONCE did I have to spell the name Vai...it was intuitive for most people, even the young girls chewing gum who sounded like valley girls.

Working at a Guitar centre and not knowing who vai IS is bad enough...
You obviously weren't dealing with a very sharp tool.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:42 AM

why not just order it online from one of many music stores?
~K
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 10:22 AM

you can order it here

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/d...Fid=208&sfid=2

Please post follow-ups in the exisiting Vai DVD thread
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=25646

Cheers
Closed Thread

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode