re: National Anthem - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

re: National Anthem

Hey guys,

It was my 10 year class reunion for my high school and they had me play the National Anthem at the homecoming football game yesterday. Aside from a nasty transposed note at the end (I played it twice just to make it sound like I meant to lol) It went pretty well!

It was a large video file but I squashed it down to 7.7 megs. Its a WMV file and you can dowload it here: http://excaliberstudio.com/nationalanthem.wmv

Just thought I would share!

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 03:44 AM

I've heard this one somewhere. Steve's tapping and vibrato were (of course) a lot cleaner, but overall you've played pretty darn close to his version.

Anyway, I'd have sh#tted my pants if someone put me in front of the audience and asked me to play the anthem (or anything for that matter). The only "audience" I feel comfortable with is my wife and (soon to be born) son.

I envy your courage, man.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 04:48 AM

NICE NICE Rikk . I'm no american but the american anthem sounds so great on guitar, here's to yaa kid !!!

Regards

André

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:22 AM

cool rick;]

i like it. nice show u put up there
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 09:50 AM

Nice one rick!! No way could i play my anthem live infront of hundreds of people Way to go!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 10:16 AM

Nice

I like to goof around on the Canadian National Anthem in my spare time in my bedroom, but I also wouldn't have the balls to perform it infront of that many people
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry
I've heard this one somewhere. Steve's tapping and vibrato were (of course) a lot cleaner, but overall you've played pretty darn close to his version.

Anyway, I'd have sh#tted my pants if someone put me in front of the audience and asked me to play the anthem (or anything for that matter). The only "audience" I feel comfortable with is my wife and (soon to be born) son.

I envy your courage, man.
I liked Steve's version but the tapping and mode that I used was not the same as his on that particular part. He uses octave chords and the whammy bar for the first 2 main parts and all his fills were different. I liked the "format" of his version though.
I wish I would have had the one taped when I played it at Fort Lewis in Washington. There was about 2000 people at that one. There was only about 800 people for this one. It was still allot of fun. About an hour and a half of loading gear each way just for a 3 minute performance..... lol
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I meant the format. It's instantly recognizable (to selected few who heard Steve's version - which there probably was none in your audience).

You should have thrown that jem in the air, too.

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 04:55 PM

yo rick,

whats your gear list on that show?

you seem to have a very vai'ish effect there.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry
Yeah, I meant the format. It's instantly recognizable (to selected few who heard Steve's version - which there probably was none in your audience).

You should have thrown that jem in the air, too.

You know I HAVE to believe that someone caught that UV77MC. I cant imagine throwing either of my UV77MC's (or any of my JEM's or Universes for that matter) in the air!! lol

My gear list was:

JEM7VWH
VOX AC30 amplifier
Digitech 2101LE
BBE 422 Sonic Maximizer
Ernie Ball volume pedal
VOX Clyde McCoy Wah

Then it was all mic'd and put through my PA system:

Peavey 1200 watt power amp
2 Peavey SP5G 15" and horn speaker cabs
Behringer Composer Pro
Behringer 1604A mixer
Digitech S200 Studio Processor
Peavey Q215 dual 15 band EQ with feedback annylizer and eliminator

I actually could not use the video feed's audio from the camera that was directly in front of me because it was SOOOO loud. I had some video from some TEENAGERS sitting in front that actually had to cover their ears a little. I needed to fill the stadium with volume though and they did not have a PA system for me to use. I have never had to push my system before like that but its good to know that it can put out the extreme volume when needed!! lol

Yeah like I said...... a total of 3 hours of loading and unloading gear all for 3 minutes of performance! lol But it was fun.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:04 PM

thats some mighty fine playing rikk!!! , rockin dude , i admire your playing in it , but i admire the courage you had to get up and play it infront of all those people more!! good work
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Thanks man. Yeah I dont really get nervous anymore playing in front of any size crowd. If you want to hear something funny, I actually get more calm inside before a performance than I normally am just doing day to day things. I dont know when that happened exactly but I use to be a nervouse wreck a long time ago when I would play in front of people. I am going to try to get signed up to play the national anthem at one of the major baseball or football games next year!! THAT will be cool!! The most people I have performed the National Anthem in front of was around 2000 people or so. I would love to do it in front of over 40,000 people at Safeco Field or at the Seahawks Stadium!! THAT would ROCK!!!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 10:05 PM

Rikk, what kind of software do you use to make videos?

I bought my first digital camcorder last week, and while Windows Movie Maker 2 is more than sufficient right now, I'd like to know if there are better alternatives (preferably in below $300 range). I've downloaded a trial version of Ulead Video Studio and it looks like it's actually worse than WMM2.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Yeah I had 3 different digital video cameras running that night so I wouldhave 3 feeds to choose from.

I use the Pnnacle Hollywood Studio Deluxe software. With th4e break out box it ran about $400 or so. Sonic Foundry Vegas is also killer software but the Pinnacle is supposed to be the "be all end all" for software in that range and I have to say that I love it. It comes with so many different fades and stuff that it is totally worth the money in my opinion.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 02:55 AM

Great job Rikk! Your playing rocked and you are quite the performer too

Tags
ball volume pedal , ernie ball , ernie ball volume pedal , palm mute , power amp , rikk beatty , shawn lane , sonic maximizer , speaker cab , speaker cabs , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

who plays the top gun anthem?
what guitar rig is used in the top gun anthem

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode